New stats bar suggestion

Nasdaq401

I have a suggestion I'm sure a lot will agree would be excellent.  I play on Xbox, so when I tap the start button I get the hunger, thirst ect bars on the bottom left and daylight left in the top left, which fades after a few seconds, which is great!   I would really like you guys to add in the "duration" of anything we are holding as well, like lantern/torch/brand.  This would be EXTREMELY useful rather than having to go into our inventory to check.  Just a quick suggestion that would make the gameplay more seamless I believe and be very welcomed by players I'm sure :)

Yeah that's true and probably the more immersive approach overall. But, let's not pretend like this game isn't all about the status bars :D. The ability to toggle the bar would still be useful from a game play standpoint. The bar does happen to show when you first light and when you zone into a new area.

8 hours ago, Pillock said:

You can judge roughly how long they have left by the flame. They all start to flicker and die down before they go out.

Yeah I did notice that and it does definitely help.  It's just the times when i would like to check that having to pull up the menu kind of breaks the immersion I guess is what I'm saying.  The game has enough menu and button pressing to it and the lesser of that we have to do I think will make the game more seamless.  Also when we have our inventory up especially when looking through our food ect it would be nice to see the status bar as well.  SO MANY TIMES I've had to go back out of the inventory menu just to check out my thirst/hunger, it would REALLY help to show that stuff when you have your inventory up as well. Just bouncing ideas off of the community! 

Archived