Rim lighting makes it impossible to see

Rocktagon619

The lighting has been very strange since I started playing again after the tireless menace update.  It is now impossible to see the terrain at night because the snow is lit up on the rims but pitch black everywhere else.  I'm using up-to-date drivers on my GeForce GTX 560, running on Windows 10 64-bit, through the Steam application.572524a0e659d_screen_(-3926871)_29a68e75

This is what I see too when I play. I am hoping they turn down the rimlighting even more so it is a very dull glow if at all. On a cloudless night navigation at nite should be impossible just like in a cave, especially in the fog, without having your own light source or other light sources there is no light. 

7 minutes ago, KD7BCH said:

This is what I see too when I play. I am hoping they turn down the rimlighting even more so it is a very dull glow if at all. On a cloudless night navigation at nite should be impossible just like in a cave, especially in the fog, without having your own light source or other light sources there is no light. 

* hope you meant cloudy.  Cloudless nights are supposed to be when we get a glimpse of the upcoming auroras.

I do hope they bring back the night wolves.  Glowing green eyes visible far out in the black, moving swiftly and silently right at you because their perception is enhanced.  Yeah.  Best to stay indoors.  Fun to try and not.

Yes moonless was what I meant. Cloudy and moonless. Even moonless nites with lots of clouds have some light. Usually reflection light from the planet surface but really dark nights where there is no light is impossible to navigate. In a fog, at night it is impossible to navigate in the dark by ambient light. 

Archived