Single and Coop modes

Axe

I decided to check out TLD on the XBox a couple of days ago and my girlfriend started watching, after a few minutes she commented that the game looked fun and then asked if we could both play it together in coop mode. Unfortunately the game doesn't have coop.

Since the game is on Xbox I think that there is definitely potential to expand the game with a coop. Not a great big multi-player system just one other person playing the game with you. There are really few coop games on the Xbox TBH and none in this genre that I know about.

Being able to play TLD with one other person on PC would also be fun, again not a big group, just one other person who can join you and share the adventure with you. You can share items with each other and support each other. Although it may be easier, I believe stalker is difficult enough that it would still be a challenge, or perhaps coop can be rebalanced by granting lower stats to 2 players vs 1 player to keep things interesting.

Just want to find out what the communities thoughts are for a coop mode?

14 hours ago, Aelaera said:

But they've confirmed adding NPC's @cekivi am I right? So they're already conflicting with that then. But I believe Hinterlands already said they wouldn't be adding multiplayer at this point in time. 

NPCs are on the roadmap. At the moment, you're right in that there's been no mention of either a multi-player or co-op mode.

Plus, you can still be mighty alone even in a crowd. Obviously I have no idea what the story will ultimately be but if either character is separated from their family than the world will be a lonely place wherever they go.

Archived