Crafting Snares from the Radial Menu

Ruruwawa

Yeah. Perhaps crafting them at the workbench should still be quicker, though?

I can't remember if crafting snares takes 15 minutes or half an hour currently? You could perhaps double it for crafting in the field, thereby maintaining some for the workbench's advantages. That way, you'd still probably make most of your snares back at base, but if you need to repair one that's been ruined, you could take some guts along with you when you harvest and make a new one on-site.

22 minutes ago, Pillock said:

Yeah. Perhaps crafting them at the workbench should still be quicker, though?

I can't remember if crafting snares takes 15 minutes or half an hour currently? You could perhaps double it for crafting in the field, thereby maintaining some for the workbench's advantages. That way, you'd still probably make most of your snares back at base, but if you need to repair one that's been ruined, you could take some guts along with you when you harvest and make a new one on-site.

Another way to balance it... make it so snares aren't salvageable to reclaimed wood.  Give a stick or something.

EDIT: Bad idea if snares are intended to be a last ditch "infinite" tool.  Other than magnifying lens I can't think of another tool that you can repair infinitely like snares.  Maybe the extreme end game is supposed to be living off rabbits we harvest with our bare hands and cook over a fire built from sticks?

I support this. Not sure it needs much balancing. Crafting outdoors at the snare site has some minor risk as it stands and requires planning.

Harvest ruined trap (10 mins I belive) and craft new snare (30 min). That is 40 mins of exposure. Plus possibly harvesting guts if you didnt bring any....and that time varies but is quite lenghty bare handed and requires the corpse to be thawed. That alone makes it generally desirable to craft indoors. Maybe tag some minor risk of crafting failure and losing the guts when crafting without a workbench?

Archived