Tiredness bar not dropping below 80%

GorillaDust

For four in-game days in a row, the tiredness bar wouldn't drop below 80%, regardless of how much activity I did. One day I walked/ran from Camp Office to Ravine and back, and the other day the same to Winding River and back. The other two days were bumming around ML crafting and hunting. With the new on-screen status bars mechanic, I can see the bar is stuck as a glitch - when I boil five liters of water it seems to 'skip' from 80% back up to 81% and back again, over and over. (percentages estimated)

Strange glitch - normally wouldn't bother me except I can't get healed beyond the 60%ish that I'm currently sitting at - I can only sleep 2 or 3 hours a day before waking fully rested.

Note I was still on v325 yesterday while playing. I hope an update will fix this as I'm petrified about getting hurt and not being able to recuperate.

I do have parasites, so that's very possible - down to the last two days of medication so maybe it's just become far more noticeable. It would be nice for immersion if the game indicated that by listing me as restless or somehow reminding me that my affliction is keeping me awake at night.

Per Patrick's thread on parasites:

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

This weakening lowers your max Condition and max Fatigue each day of the affliction.

Not sure if I would describe what I was experiencing 'lowered max fatigue' - it was actually the opposite. My fatigue wasn't lowering at all past around 80% - it was impossible to get tired. 'Lowered max fatigue' sounds like I would have reduced energy and would quickly become exhausted. 

So it may still be a bug in how they implemented it. Anyhow - I read that the hotfix has landed so I will update and see what happens after parasites are cured.

Also, very embarrassed by my double typos in the headline. (fixed)

Update: I cured my parasites last night and the issue went away, so it was definitely associated.

I still maintain per my edit in the post above that either the mechanic was executed incorrectly, or Partrick's description of the effect was flawed.

I basically never got tired, so could have stayed up for days at a time. I wouldn't have healed, which is an issue, but not the one described in Patrick's promotion of the effects of parasites.

Having parasites actually results in a net positive effect and it shouldn't but when they fix it it will result in a costly negative. I'm not wild about a 10 day infection or 10 days of treatment. That is all I'm saying about that one. The current game where you are subject to needing to sleep, and having parasites prevents you from needing to sleep means your character has unlimited energy while sacrificing only a few percentage points of condition in order to be like that and sacrificing the ability to recover the single percent per hour but idling if not sleepy. 

Which means you can harvest wood much longer, and you can craft indoors much longer as well and ice fish much longer etc. It needs to be re-balanced. 

Archived