Hmmm....Pretty hungry out...

starfighter441

Decided to start a new game in Voyager mode, and man is it a step up. I seem to spend most of my time starving (not as much out there as in Pilgrim). I've visited pretty much every site that might hold a rifle, and have now resigned myself to either hoping against hope that I find the bunker near the Camp Office ( where I am going to head next), or dancing with Fluffy :cry: Ah well 8 days so far which is a new record for me in this mode.

Found the rifle under the bridge by the dam, after dancing with wolves. So had to go to the dam, damnit as I was freezing and losing condition. Naturally Fluffy met me there, but somehow I got lucky and beat upon him like he was a redheaded stepchild. He died just at the stairway down to the firebarrel, so I managed to get enough sleep to get up some condition before butchering him and finally getting a square meal. So now to see if I can get some decent loot here.

Twelve days in now, the dam is looted out. The best find was a premium winter coat, insulated boots, and a box of rifle rounds in the safe ( and there was much rejoicing...), I headed back to the Camp office to check about for the bunker near there, which of course wasn't... Shot a deer,but lost the blood trail, and as it was getting dark I headed back with the intention of looking in the morning. Next morning, I get interrupted by one of Fluffy's cousins, punch his ticket, and butcher/skin him. So now I'm weighed down and head back to the office to shed weight. Come out and it's a bloody blizzard, so back inside, cook Loopey, boil water, eat a steak, etc. Check outside, still a blizzard, go for a zzzz... back outside, weather is better, still 4 hours daylight, so a quick look for the deer. Step off the porch, and walk about 10 feet, Aww...FFS...here comes another bloody wolf hellbent for me. Wash, rinse, repeat... Probably no use looking for that deer now, as I think they disappear after about 48 hours or so.

Archived