low fps with older laptop

Litstorm

So my older laptops specs are:

Gateway m6864-fx

4gb ddr2 ram @ 667

samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd with 256 MB Low Power DDR3 SDRAM built in

ati hd 2600 mobility with 512mb ddr3 dedicated vram

Screen has a max resolution of 1280x800 (had to replace the screen a while back)

Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2 GHz CPU

windows 10 pro 64bit v.11102 (fresh install no bloatware,viruses,or background programs etc)

Depending on my resolution choice the game can run decently however as i lower the resolution the text in the in game ui becomes unreadable/blurry/blocky.

Any performance improvements in sight in the near future?

Yes, it runs on unity 5 now. To be honest, it runs really smooth on most medium range systems now! Unfortunately your cpu is in the mid/low tier, and your graphics card even in the low tier. (See http://www.cpubenchmark.net/midlow_range_cpus.html and http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/midlo ... _gpus.html ). You might want to invest a few bucks into an a bit more up to date system, have a look at the best-value list, where they have performance by cost ratings. ;)

I already have a desktop that plays it on max, i want to be able to play it on my laptop though

You'll likely need to upgrade to a dedicated graphic card rather than an integrated graphic card. Currently you've listed that the laptop only has a ati hd 2600 mobility with just 512 MB RAM so your system may work (for now), but you'll have to drop everything to the lowest basics -- which in turn means very low resolution conversion of high resolution text. As well, running Win10 with that graphic chip has additional limitations as well.

The HD 2600 was made for games made in 2007 and prior (another reason for such a low resolution limitation), and isn't really up to handling most newer games that use any enhanced graphics. Again, the game may be playable, but your integrated graphics can't produce higher quality to keep up with necessary processing (e.g. the text will become blurred or pixelated at lower resolutions, along with all areas requiring fine detail). :(

Archived