Drying Rack Prop

This is my fan made prop for the game "The Long Dark." I tried to match the style as best as I could. The idea behind this asset is that it will increase the curing time of pelts that you gather from hunting animals. This took me about a week overall from modeling and texturing to the final compositing to make it look like it's in game. Rendered in Unreal Engine.

**The pelt Textures do not belong to me and are owned by Hinterland Game Studios and are just there to show off the prop in game.

austen-seeberg-dryingrack-comp.jpg?1453251900

austen-seeberg-ingamecomp-01.jpg?1453251904

austen-seeberg-ingamecomp-02.jpg?1453251908

austen-seeberg-ingamecomp-03.jpg?1453251911

Great work! I think it should use poles, not precious birch saplings which are relatively small. Poles should be about 10' in length esp if we can use them to make a tent or other temporary shelter. Can I hire you to make renderings of our other ideas for items like a sledge, gill net, cordage, flint knife, flint cutting flakes, flint arrow heads, deadfall trap and pit trap? Also how about an outdoor cache made of stones! Great work!

The drying rack should let us dehydrate cooked meat to weigh less but last longer like jerky. Meat at 50% could then be turned into jerky at 100% or meat at 40% could gain 50% to be at 90%, same as for cooking meat.

It could also double as a temporary shelter if we add enough raw or cured hides. Do we need cordage to attach them to the shelter? I think so but should not take hours and hours to build.

Hey SteveP,

Thanks for the feedbackI I didn't think about the possible dehydration aspect to that. I was planning on making an actual campers tent asset that could be found anywhere in the world, instead of a teepee. I was curious as to what you mean by hiring and rendering? For example would this be a personal project or something more large scaled? I would like to talk more about this if there is possible employment and can provided contact information if needed! Thanks again!

Hey SteveP,

I was curious as to what you mean by hiring and rendering? For example would this be a personal project or something more large scaled?

To be perfectly honest, I was kidding but you never know with an artist as talented as yourself; perhaps Hinterland could use some of your work on a contract or piece work basis. I was hoping you'd be so enthusiastic about the game that you'd consider helping out with graphics for other enhancements!! You've certainly captured the style of the art work.

Archived