Guten Tag!

Schaumrolle24

I wish everybody here a good day, from germany!

I'll do my very best to introduce myself, with my rusty english skills:

My name is Daniel, and I live in western germany, bordering belgium, nearby the city of Aachen.

I have video gaming experience, since end of the 1980s. I started with stuff like Commodore Amiga and Atari 2600 console. Over the past 3 decades I gamed across various video game genres.

Interim I worked as a game - and sound designer for the "Hidden Stroke"-project alongside the Allied Power Team. 2009 I left the Games Academy in Frankfurt am Main, with a certification as accredited Game Designer, - which has brought me nothing. :D

In particular, I couldn't get a job in the german gaming industry. So I had to work again as energy electronics technician.

Now I have the pleasure playing The Long Dark.

My deep respect goes to the developers, creating such an unique and brilliant Alpha.

Keep it up, my canadian colleagues!

Hello and welcome! Always exciting to see new members joining us from different regions. Interesting background you have -- Best of luck expanding that experience a bit. Your English is great, but we do have forums for our international players as well, so please absolutely feel free to share your feedback in German if that's easier.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

• 2 weeks later...
I wish everybody here a good day, from germany!

I'll do my very best to introduce myself, with my rusty english skills:

My name is Daniel, and I live in western germany, bordering belgium, nearby the city of Aachen.

I have video gaming experience, since end of the 1980s. I started with stuff like Commodore Amiga and Atari 2600 console. Over the past 3 decades I gamed across various video game genres.

Interim I worked as a game - and sound designer for the "Hidden Stroke"-project alongside the Allied Power Team. 2009 I left the Games Academy in Frankfurt am Main, with a certification as accredited Game Designer, - which has brought me nothing. :D

In particular, I couldn't get a job in the german gaming industry. So I had to work again as energy electronics technician.

Now I have the pleasure playing The Long Dark.

My deep respect goes to the developers, creating such an unique and brilliant Alpha.

Keep it up, my canadian colleagues!

Welcome Daniel !

I liked your first sentence that you live in WESTERN GERMANY :mrgreen: We don´t need to say eastern or western Germany anymore :lol: Enjoy the game ;)

Archived