Belly Button Cam

Farmerbob

Well, I've returned after a month of so away, and have been very pleasantly surprised by the changes to rifles and tools! Devs, thank you very much! I can hit things now, without trying to remember how the sight picture was broken!

The changes also make it clear that I will need to be more careful about monitoring the condition of my equipment. Rifle bullets seem a little rarer, which is good. The rifle and metal tools can now more limited in their lifespan by the requirement of special maintenance kits, unlike before where you could cut up metal shelves and fir limbs to fix your tools, which was weird.

The biggest thing irritating me now is something that I hope is easily addressed.

IMHO, our point of view seems too close to the ground. I feel like I'm seeing the world through a belt-buckle camera.

If this was done in order to allow players to better be able to see under objects in buildings (beds, shelves, etc.), then maybe it might be possible to allow for three positions? Standing, crouched, prone?

I do not think this is my imagination. It's possible that the effect is exaggerated due to the thickness and size of some of the grasses, but I just feel terribly short.

This was addressed before a couple of times. Especially outside I feel like playling a toddler, being so close to the snow surface. Maybe the both characters (female/male avatars) could even have a slightly different viewport height? Both viewports should be heightened imo.

If the player walks up to a door, the scale looks correct. Interiors work. But walking outside, any time the player tilts the view 45 degrees or lower it looks like your nose is touching snow. There are a few bridges with hand rails or guards that over amplify this effect. Crouching outside lowers the view very minutely . So the over all effect is, once a player has crouched outside, they always wonder whether they are still crouching when walking. Belly button cam is aptly named. Been an issue since I've been playing. Not sure how this can be fixed.

Archived