Light projection indoors

Sly

Maybe it all because the geomagnetic disaster, IDK. But it is really bugging me. I am sorry but I just can not take it!

Lets begin.

screen_5ed73a2b_e411_4800_a2a5_90e92bcf09ae.png

Its early morning. Small amount of light is falling through the window... I can see the interior of the building rather well.

Then i advance couple step forward, and...

screen_6c11431e_5660_4b73_85ac_a19f96f389c9.png

Oh my god! What happened? I can not see! My eyes deceive me...

Such situation repeats inside many buildings, except the trappers cabin i think.

Maybe it all because the geomagnetic disaster? There is no reflected light anymore? IDK. But it is really bugging me. I am sorry but I just can not take it!

My software and hardware

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Language: English (Regional Setting: Ukrainian)

System Manufacturer: ECS

System Model: P43T-A2

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3328MB RAM

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0614&SUBSYS_18601462&REV_A2

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0013.4052 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 7/2/2014 22:43:12, 4122880 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 7/2/2014 22:43:12, 12695512 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4554-11CF-0678-6D3803C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0614

SubSys ID: 0x18601462

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Page File: 793MB used, 3124MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

maybe you just walked into a darker area of a room where the sun dont shine? does it get brighter/lighter as the hour goes on? if not I guess this is where you use a lantern or torch of some sort to help you see. if it's still dark for you then yes I would say it's a graphic card issue of some sort.

The interiors of the houses in my games are far too dark. Most games I play are too dark on the default settings anyway, and I have to crank the gamma settings right up. As there are no such display options on TLD, I have to manually set everything on my monitor to the very highest to even have a chance of seeing what's going on.

Going off a shack interior in the middle of the day, I'd often guess it's the middle of a moonlit night rather than a sunny day. I'll then step outside and it's bright sunshine.

Is this not usual? Should I make my own posts with my specs/screenshots as a bug report too?

It is a bit odd but this is the graphics the game uses: Looking through a sun-beam makes everything seen though the sun beam brighter. Stated the other way, sun beams are created not independent of 3-D model textures, but rather by illuminating those textures. Is what it is. No reflections.

It is a bit odd but this is the graphics the game uses: Looking through a sun-beam makes everything seen though the sun beam brighter. Stated the other way, sun beams are created not independent of 3-D model textures, but rather by illuminating those textures. Is what it is. No reflections.

It is sad. I hope it can be fixed. Or maybe someday graphics will be changed.

The interiors of the houses in my games are far too dark. Most games I play are too dark on the default settings anyway, and I have to crank the gamma settings right up. As there are no such display options on TLD, I have to manually set everything on my monitor to the very highest to even have a chance of seeing what's going on.

Going off a shack interior in the middle of the day, I'd often guess it's the middle of a moonlit night rather than a sunny day. I'll then step outside and it's bright sunshine.

Is this not usual? Should I make my own posts with my specs/screenshots as a bug report too?

It is not about the gamma settings. It is about the light indoors in the game. IRL it is bright when there are plenty of light falls on the objects. Not when you are staying in the bright place. Rather vice-versa.

If it should be dark indoors and use of light source must be, I am OK with that.

• 5 months later...

Archived