Suggestion: degradation on pick up

Amazombie

There are many reasons for this I think would make a big impact for the better.

One we all have had the discussion on canned food spoilage, and such. While I understand it needs to be the way it is for balance I think a fair trade off would be to not start the degradation until its actually picked up. So if we open a box get beans and put them back the timer wont start. Only when we choose to pick up.

This would also somewhat solve the whole "I dont like being forced to DP for a forge" issue I think. People could live nomadic like , collecting all the metal they can then go to DP, do all their forging then set up their base camp where they want to be.

it would also help with weight management. The Sled got a lot of support , but sadly did not make this update and I'm skeptical it will make the next one. If i'm already getting loaded down, and I stop in a cabin for shelter and find some beans, I may not take them but go back to camp and come back later IF, but with degradation I find i take them anyway which is silly IMHO.

it would also help with weight management. The Sled got a lot of support , but sadly did not make this update and I'm skeptical it will make the next one. If i'm already getting loaded down, and I stop in a cabin for shelter and find some beans, I may not take them but go back to camp and come back later IF, but with degradation I find i take them anyway which is silly IMHO.

Canned food does not degrade until you open it anyway, sodas too I think. But matches do which is silly but it factors with the current gameplay. They should make matches non-degradable when you leave them in a container. your beans will be fine :)

+1 for sled

Archived