The Garbage Hunter

Greavette

Where do you live that hunters do that? That's very inconsiderate. Hasn't been my experience with hunting or hunters at least.

I used to take my Brownies (young Girl Scouts) through bike trails on park land where hunting was *never* legal, not even during hunting season. These are cycling trails where people cycle year round. We would walk the trails at different times of year to learn about local plants (and to pick up litter).

We used to find decapitated/gutted deer corpses every year just after hunting season ended (I was too nervous to go in during hunting season, I didn't want my girls shot). I'm not sure what the hunters were doing shooting the deer, maybe getting trophies? They didn't appear to be taking the meat (or not much meat), and in some cases they also left the hide on the body.

This was on Long Island, in New York.

Where do you live that hunters do that? That's very inconsiderate. Hasn't been my experience with hunting or hunters at least.

I used to take my Brownies (young Girl Scouts) through bike trails on park land where hunting was *never* legal, not even during hunting season. These are cycling trails where people cycle year round. We would walk the trails at different times of year to learn about local plants (and to pick up litter).

We used to find decapitated/gutted deer corpses every year just after hunting season ended (I was too nervous to go in during hunting season, I didn't want my girls shot). I'm not sure what the hunters were doing shooting the deer, maybe getting trophies? They didn't appear to be taking the meat (or not much meat), and in some cases they also left the hide on the body.

This was on Long Island, in New York.

Then I'd call them poachers.

I've known many a hunter and hunted myself and I find what you are describing abhorrant, wasteful and criminal.

Archived