Against All Odds | FINALE! - A Long Dark Series [Hadrian]

Hadrian

/
/ Subscribe!

Hi all! I'm Hadrian, and I play strategy/survival/scifi and other games on my Youtube Channel.

I don't normally announce content in advance, apart from teasers. But, given that the Long Dark is the very first game for which I ever watched a Let's Play, and given that it's one of my favorite survival-style games (and games, period), I want you guys and girls to know about my new series in advance. So...

Next week, I will be launching a marathon series of the Long Dark called Against All Odds.

[Edit]

• It'll start on Thursday, with daily episodes to follow going live at 6 pm EST.

• It's been a while since I've played, and I'm really looking forward to testing out the new areas and gameplay additions that Hinterland have been busily tacking on.

• I'll also be playing on Stalker for the first time since... well, ever, really... but I have been playing since the game was much harder and before there were difficulty settings, so it should be entertaining.

• Overall, my goal with the series is a nice homage to the first Let's Play I ever watched with an LP of my own, and definitely a really tense, as-long-as-possible run in the style of my other videos.

I don't want to go on much longer than that, because this is not a channel advert; I want Long Dark players to be aware of the series, so I hope you'll watch. I thought I'd post in advance to get your attention.

I will post updates to the series weekly on this thread. Feel free to comment and follow along.

See you next week.

-H

Hi all!

I'm excited to announce that, due to an unforeseen scheduling error (and totally not my scheduling the last episode of my previous series to air at 6 am instead of 6 pm), the first installment of Against All Odds is up and ready for viewing!

Check out and bookmark the series playlist here:

Episode 0 (Series/Game Introduction):

Episode 1:

Don't forget to subscribe if you'd like to stay on top of all the new episodes as they arrive. The channel is brand-spanking new and your support is appreciated!

-H

Given my many hours with the Long Dark before ever considering an LP, I was confident when starting these recordings that it would be an epic series.

As usual, Hinterland did not disappoint. By the end of this week, the tenth episode of Against All Odds will go live, and the series has already surpassed my standards and expectations.

Within the first five episodes, the intensity is through the roof. I've been jumped by several wolves, had my twitch reflexes tested repeatedly, stumbled upon game-changing discoveries more than once—again, just in those five episodes—and with my latest recordings, have been setting myself up for long-term survival in a series that can only get better with age.

Check out the playlist links in the post above to get caught up. Thanks for watching, and don't forget to subscribe!

-H

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving (those of you that celebrate) or otherwise great weekend (those of you that don't).

As of this update, I have recorded 22 episodes of Against All Odds. I have been alive in the wilderness for more than 20 days, survived a simultaneous attack from two wolves while without a firearm, found myself totally out of ammunition more than once, faced down a wolf from only a few feet away with only a burning flare between us, explored my way to truly unknown territory, and all of this while struggling not to laugh at saying "boots and pants" out loud for several episodes after the fact (just watch; if you don't get the reference, I truly pity you).

The recent uploads lead toward my traversal of the new transition zone between Mystery Lake and my initial foray into the Coastal Highway. My current objective is to explore the new territory offered up by Desolation Point, and move toward the long-term goal of a 100-day run (and however much farther I can get). The series continues to improve with age.

Check out the playlist links in the post above to get caught up. Thanks for watching, and don't forget to subscribe!

-H

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to explore Desolation Point in Against All Odds! This was a first time for me as a player and as a recorder, so it was a lot of fun to explore an area for the first time while recording.

Found a cache of ammo in a church (ha), navigated a minefield of wolves to get to my Lonely Lighthouse base, found a bear cave, and actually contemplated taking *off* my clothes for the first time in the Long Dark. If that doesn't make sense to you... check out the latest episodes; the arrival at Desolation Point went live last night, and you can expect another tonight at 6, as always.

-H

• 2 weeks later...

Another great week in the Against All Odds series!

Remember, new episodes go up every day at 6 pm EST! As I post this, Episode 32 has just gone live.

The upcoming episodes have me passing the 40 day mark! In addition, all but the rabbitskin mitts have been crafted. It's virtually impossible to get too cold. Unless there's a blizzard going at 6 am... which I found out personally.

We went unintentionally bearhunting, a wolf nearly ended our run after I got cocky, and Pleasant Valley has officially appeared in the series. Oh, and I went ahead and knocked out the Night Walker achievement for funsies.

Next stop... Timberwolf.

-H

• 2 weeks later...

Happy (almost) New Year, everyone!!

Against All Odds continues this week, as I blow past the 40-day mark in my stalker-difficulty playthrough and go for the Night Walker achievement.

For funsies.

Have a look at my post on this week's reddit thread. Upvotes would be most appreciated if you're a fan of the series. Last week's post was well-supported, and a whole bunch more Long Dark fans came to watch. I'd love for you to be one of them.

Not a fan yet? Remember, new episodes go up every day at 6 pm EST! As I post this, Episode 44 is right around the corner... 12 episodes ahead of my last update. Don't forget to catch up (playlist in the links above) soon!

Timberwolf Mountain is around the corner (thanks by the way, Patrick, for your continuing support and commentary; I've enjoyed chatting with you). But first, I really need me some rabbitskin mitts. And I might just hit 50 days while I'm at it.

-H

Lots of announcements this week.

Earlier today, I recorded my 50th day survived in my Stalker-difficulty Let's Play of The Long Dark, Against All Odds. That episode will go live within a week. But also today, the

went live! Less than an hour ago as of this posting.

Last update, I'd picked up the Night Walker achievement and was beginning to explore Pleasant Valley. Now, we are about to craft our rabbitskin mitts (finally), and preparing to make the careful transition from opportunistic scavenger to crafty, stealthy hunter. Also, stay tuned for Episode 51 for, seriously, the most harrowing bear encounter I've yet had in The Long Dark. Like holy crap.

(There's a sneak peek in my new channel intro).

And dive, at last, into the wilderness of Timberwolf Mountain while we're at it. Yea, I know. I want to be there, too. I'll get there eventually.

Not a fan yet? Remember, new episodes go live every day at 6 pm EST! Check out the playlist links in the post above to get caught up. Thanks for watching, and don't forget to subscribe!

-H

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 65 (!!) of Against All Odds is out today at 6:00 PM EST (GMT -5). Here are some links to help get you up to speed:

|

We've survived for 60 days. Two months in the wild, and on Stalker difficulty at that. Last week's harrowing trek from Pleasant Valley to Desolation Point was successful; we returned with over 15 arrowheads and, in the latest episodes, are already starting to stumble upon the crow feathers we need to make arrows. Soon, we'll be hunters, not scavengers.

What are we not stumbling upon? Timberwolf Mountain!

Don't tell me where it is. I'm looking for it. And I'll find it.

And then try not to die.

New episodes are out daily at 6 pm EST on my channel, link here: https://www.youtube.com/HadrianLP

And of course, if you'd like to be kept up-to-date in the most effective way... click here to subscribe.

Comments are welcome, either here or on the channel! Thanks very much for watching and subscribing, and I'll see you next video.

-H

• 2 weeks later...

I found Timberwolf Mountain!

Also, I died. But not before recording my most stressful, terrifying-bear-featuring, hypothermia-inducing week of Against All Odds Ever.

The season finale of Against All Odds airs TODAY, Feb 4, 2016 at 6:00 PM EST (GMT -5). Notice that I said "season." Given the overwhelmingly positive response from the viewers and the studio (thank you to all of you, seriously!), I have decided that the series will be the first recurring series on my channel, starting back up with Season 2 later this year. Probably Q3 or Q4.

I wanted you guys to be among the first to know. Now, here are some links to help get you up to speed:

|

Overall, it was an epic 79-day run. Your thoughts and comments on the finale are more than welcome.

And of course, if you'd like to be kept up-to-date in the most effective way... click here to subscribe.

Thanks very much for watching and subscribing, and I'll see you next video.

-H

Archived