Minor Spoilers - Game Not Saving for Dam to River Transition

cekivi

Good evening.

When playing on Halloween I went out onto the back side of the Hydro Dam from the very sneaky door after looting the lower area of the dam. Looked around, took a screen shot and I then turned off the game. When I played today none of my progress after entering the lower part of the dam was saved. All of the loot was reset and I was back at the interior door with the broken arrow causality.

Don't know if anyone else experienced this but I thought I should report it. Especially since having a one way door is kinda ruined if you're not actually trapped outside by it : )

This happened to me after a particularly long trip that ended in a bug that threw me outside the map. I quickly ended the game process (in case the void fall killed me and made me lose my save), and came back to my camp about two kilometers away. All that travel time wasted, but better than losing everything.

In the future, if you want to guarantee that the game is saved, sleep for an hour.

On the right side, you'll see the spinning circle. While it is spinning, your game is saving. As soon as it disappears, your game is saved and you can safely exit without fear of losing progress.

The game only saves when ENTERING a building and sleeping. Since using the back door of the dam is leaving the building, no save was made. If you had re-entered the dam, the game would have saved at that point. As mentioned above, the onky to gaurentee a save is a quick nap.

Ah. I was always under the impression that the game was saved on exiting the building as well as entering and sleeping. Especially for the transition zones. I also thought I saw the "save circle" which is why I logged this as a bug.

In this case, the game probably should be saved since, again, the fun of one way doors only works if you are trapped outside :)

Edit: I also just realized I posted this in the "how to play" forums as opposed to bug reports. Oh well.

Archived