#2957 - v.280 Bear Recovers Health

wildauk

I've noticed since the new update (#280) that while attempting to kill a bear in Pilgrim mode they don't die any longer. In Pleasant Valley I gave the bear two headshots and a body shot got mauled returned the next day and the bear was still walking around. The same thing happened in Coastal Highway. Three shots and the bear is still walking. Any ideas on what's going on????

I would like to add a question here as it's most likely about the same issue:

Is it a bug or by design that wounded bears now reset to 100% condition and non-bleeding status if you leave the zone where you shot them (e.g. by entering a building or mine)?

Good news, I was able to kill a bear but I had to set up camp in his cave near the coastal township. Brought plenty of wood for all night fire and first light the bear came to the entrance. Head shot brought the bear charging but the fire stopped him. Just stood there and made lots of noise. Took a one hour rest and heard him drop. In the past I would do a head shot and duck into a building or a car and go find it the next day. Doesn't seem to work like that any longer???

Archived