Death by fire

Evert vd Grauw

Dear survivors,

I searched the board for more fire accidents, but couldn't find any valid info on this.

Recently I accidentally walked trough my own campfire and learned from my mistake. With a small burning wound as a reminder. (the game saved)

However some moments later I had to abandon the game. When I resumed it later on, I got spawned in the middle of my campfire and was burned to death in no time. Hardly a time to say goodbye.

Lesson learned: always save the game after a fire accident.

Would be nice if this could be avoided somehow.

Hi there Evert,

darn, sound like a hell of a bug. Just don't understand why you had to abandon the game all of the sudden, could you elaborate on that a little? I had some troubles with another bug myself. This is what happened: I was outside with a fire, then suddenly a wolf appeared. First I thought it wouldn't attack me because of the fire, and it didn't, but then it got through and still attacked me, which was graphically buggy and weird in a sense, since a fire is supposed to frighten animals, right? I survived the attack but then unfortunately I froze to death because the fire died out, even though I threw multiple pieces of fir wood, reclaimed wood and sticks on it, it just didn't add to the lenght of the fire for some reason, (even though it made the sound as if would was thrown on the fire)...

I hope this will be fixed in the next versions. Thanks and take care now all. And remember, never rush in a survival situation, unless you are being chased by a bear (L. Stroud, 2008)

Dear survivors,

I searched the board for more fire accidents, but couldn't find any valid info on this.

Recently I accidentally walked trough my own campfire and learned from my mistake. With a small burning wound as a reminder. (the game saved)

However some moments later I had to abandon the game. When I resumed it later on, I got spawned in the middle of my campfire and was burned to death in no time. Hardly a time to say goodbye.

Lesson learned: always save the game after a fire accident.

Would be nice if this could be avoided somehow.

Thanks for the report on this. That's a rough way to go. Just so I understand you: The game saved you right on top of the fire as you walked over it?

Hi Patrick,

To be frank, yes the game saved while I was burned by the fire.

While I was starting my game again, I had forgotten about the small injury but death came too quick to remind me of it.

@Jort, I see you live in the Netherlands too, maybe we could meet up some day to talk more in depth about strategies and map exploration.

All the best and lots of enjoyment with this good game!

I survived the attack but then unfortunately I froze to death because the fire died out, even though I threw multiple pieces of fir wood, reclaimed wood and sticks on it, it just didn't add to the lenght of the fire for some reason, (even though it made the sound as if would was thrown on the fire)...

Did the wind direction change so that the fire was no longer in a sheltered area? I've had this happen when huddled around a fire outside. When it happens, no matter how much you throw onto the fire, it will only last a maximum of nine minutes (unless the wind changes again).

Archived