Road maps?

FiyeroCat

Hello fellows at Hinterland :)

I have this really awesome idea for a new item! :D

My idea for the new idea is a map. But not a complex map, with every house, cave and crevice written and recorded.

My idea is just a road map.

The maps would be often in gas stations, or places likely to have roadmaps (the check-in renal place at Mystery Lake, for example) , and would be rare in houses. The map would show prominent places that transportation would need to know in the world (gas stations, towns, bodies of water, landmarks, etc). The map would have obviously been made before the electromagnetic storm, so some roads and places would be outdated. You also wouldn't have a marker of where you were. You would have to look at your surroundings to accurately determine where you are. The maps would degrade at a medium-fast rate, but could also be harvested into 1-2 tinder plugs with 5-minute time lapse. The map would have wind physics (wind would cover and crumple the map). When placing a map in the world, it would be face-up, showing the map for all to see. You would also be able to stick maps to the wall.

It can really be your call how the map moves with different regions. It would be really cool if you considered my idea for future updates! :3

To completely change the topic, I would also like it if you could harvest books for tinder plugs. Thanks. xD

great unique idea, good thing nobody made a posting about road maps in the last hour in the wishlist thread ;)

A lil bit stabby, but yeah.

Use the search option man. Maps are constantly brought up again and again. Just ready ANY of the bigger threads and you'll see that they won't be added. MAYBE an in-game drawable map mechanic can be negotiated, but after all the discussions I've read we'll only get to make maps if we "fix" this "error" with mods. :P

search.php?keywords=map&terms=all&fid%5B%5D=59&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&submit=Search

great unique idea, good thing nobody made a posting about road maps in the last hour in the wishlist thread ;)

I didnt mean to be offensive, just found it funny that he made a new thread in the same sub forum where I posted about road maps not even 30 minutes ago, I was hoping the smiley would defuse the comment a little :D

I didnt mean to be offensive, just found it funny that he made a new thread in the same sub forum where I posted about road maps not even 30 minutes ago, I was hoping the smiley would defuse the comment a little :D

Sorry my bad. I forgot my own smiley. It was meant to be jokey as well. :P

I agree there should be road maps.

I was actually thinking of another version of road maps. A little phone box should be stationed in the Coastal townsite in the coastal highway, named points of desolation point as well as along the roads of Pleasant Valley. As well as a telephone, a map should be stationed which cannot be taken, just looked at. It would have worn away to some extent and there would be some blanked out parts.

(This section is only related to the phone box)

The phone box would have a door, so you could get (slight) protection from the wind and cold. There is a phone book available which is twice the value of the books already added.

The best part is when the Aurora Borealis is added, you could here crackling when you pick it up, as well as emergency phone calls. The light would also come on, and it would become warmer during the event.

Sorry this draws away from the Road map item you were talking about

Archived