Add a WOLF/DOG PUP companion to the game

SonoftheThrone

Here is my proposal:

At houses w/ DOG HOUSES in the yard, have dogs chained up. Abandoned dogs left by the house's previous owners. If you release it, you have an instant companion. Use the HACKSAW tool to cut the chain. Feed the dog cans of dog food (better than the player having to eat it).

AND/OR

In the wild, in addition to the wolves already present in-game, you could add randomly wandering wolf cubs. They won't attack you. You'd attract them with meat. Once you did, you'd have an instant companion. They'd growl and wolves attempting to attack you. Wolves still could attack you, but because of the wolf cub, they might ignore you, hestitate to attack you, or attack your companion wolf giving you time to doubleteam the attacking animal.

Wolf idea aside, placing abandoned domesticated dogs in the game would be wonderful. The game is single player. With an animal companion, even in the sandbox, it would make up for the inevitable loneliness of the sandbox world.

"A discoverable animal companion would be great!"

I hope that there are others who would agree w/ that statement alone; thanks!

SonoftheThrone

Even in the event of a disaster, I wouldn't abandon my beloved family pets.

You would if they weren't in the airplane with you when you crashed, which is the story being told here.

But I agree. I'm actually purchasing cat-carrier backpacks so my girlfriend and I can bug out with our cats, if need be IRL.

+1 I would like some form of companion or meet able character

-1 this would take a lot from the game.

At the least the companion animal should require a lot to make him a companion and a lot to keep him fed and watered and taken care of. The animal would also need to be susceptible to injury. Basically this animal would have to have many of the traits of the player, and weaknesses as well.

Stumbling across the occasional survivor, whether they be friendly or not, would also be pretty cool. Maybe you can trade with them or even for a little helpful bonds, but not get them as a companion

It just stinks that there's dog food in the game. A dog house in the game....yet no dog. No even dog dukey. FYI, the "reason" I brought up this topic was because if I were in this situation, having an animal companion might save my life, but also, it'd save my sanity in the event that I didn't have any another people to speak with.

Remember the movie "Castaway"? Think "Wilson" the volleyball. Another point, I understand the programming counterpoint. Yet, the game may be "pointless" to some w/ the animal addition, but that it why you could choose to ignore it. It would exist as an option for those who want to have one. As in the Fable take on having a companion. I understand that it's thrilling being lonely. Yet, as of right now, the character has no one whatsoever to interact with. I'm aware it is in Alpha and a sandbox, but I stand by my suggestion. I like animals. I like ideas.

I had an idea. "Animal companion". It would be cool beans to make my own game, yet it's not my destiny to build a game from the ground up. It's hard to express ideas to others because there's so much conflict in doing so.

What's the difference between the internet and a hard-boiled egg? A hard-boiled is hard, but you can eat it. The internet is just hard, and there's not a thing you can do about it. Thanks for taking notice of my post; God bless!

Even in the event of a disaster, I wouldn't abandon my beloved family pets.

You would if they weren't in the airplane with you when you crashed, which is the story being told here.

But I agree. I'm actually purchasing cat-carrier backpacks so my girlfriend and I can bug out with our cats, if need be IRL.

This is only half the story being told here. Those of us who play the female character have our own story :D. Unless we're getting a "Willa/Wilhelmina" option during Story mode?

-1 to companion character.

The core theme of the sandbox mode of this game (in my humble opinion) is feeling of totally isolation, when the only entity you can rely upon and relate to is yourself.

Adding a dog/companion to the game (even in just the sandbox mode) would take away this one trait that makes this game so unique within the realm of survival simulations/game-modes.

Archived