In-game traditions?

Boston123

Anybody have any in-game traditions?

I, for one, am a bit of an Exalted fan (a tabletop RPG), and as such, my character rises with the sun and "meditates" for a moment every 6 hours (dawn, noon, sunset and midnight), as if thanking the sun for rising again.

Just a bit of fun, and certainly spices up my character so they feel like an actual person, instead of a calorie-processing machine.

If you're looking at the backside of trapper' and then up the hill to the left there is a large fir limb there. I never harvest it. I've dubbed it the "sacred fir". I like knowing, I guess, that there's always a good bit of wood near the cabin if things were ever to get truly dire.

I usually hang out in the Farmstead. Every morning I check the radio on my way down before breakfast and reading the morning paper. Sure, it's the same paper I read over and over, but it says the weather's gonna be cold & snowy week this week; and they haven't been wrong once in the last few months!

I like to think I slowly lose mental health the longer I survive. It doesn't show that much, but when heavy fog settles in I turn up droning ambient tones and wander through the wilds until the fog clears, at which point I "come to my senses".

During a fog, if a deer or a wolf runs off and doesn't leave footprints, I attribute it to hallucination.

I also like to reward myself with special meals after particularly exciting or grueling days. Like a nice grilled piece of bear with a side of hot tomato soup and herbal tea after I survived my first close encounter with a bear after tracking all day.

I trust the crows and always carry one feather on me, as someone trying not to waste bullets or risk arrows when in need of hide or gut. (wish we could use feathers as tinder, would make it all the more special)

If I see a radio I interact with it. I know they're receiver-only but I like to think there'll be a voice from outside and I'd hear AM or FM broadcasts, even if it's [probably rightly] just the public emergency notice.

Like Draugr, I get a bit more into rationing and feeding myself than the game mechanics call for.

I also like to reward myself with special meals after particularly exciting or grueling days. Like a nice grilled piece of bear with a side of hot tomato soup and herbal tea after I survived my first close encounter with a bear after tracking all day.

I like to do this after accomplishing whatever current goal I had going on. "I'll drink this milk tonight once I make it to the lookout." "I'll save this soda for once I finish crafting all the clothing."

I like to also collect the dog food even though I don't generally eat it unless I'm desperate. Then I find someplace to leave it, either like an offering to the wolves or near the empty dog houses, or just keep it around for the non-existent dog I'm so used to having as a life long dog owner.

I like to also collect the dog food even though I don't generally eat it unless I'm desperate. Then I find someplace to leave it, either like an offering to the wolves or near the empty dog houses, or just keep it around for the non-existent dog I'm so used to having as a life long dog owner.

Sometimes I find myself in an opportune position to scare a deer or rabbit off in the direction of a wolf, so he chases them down. I do it for good luck and see it as sort of making amends for my involvement and giving my thanks to nature, restoring the balance a bit.

Archived