#2691 - v.265 Lighting issue

Foxen

Hi,

just discovered an issue with the daytime-/nighttime-lighting in PV/Farmstead...haven't tested yet if it occurs in other locations as well.

In the process of crafting/repairing something the lighting won't change from bright to dark when the day turns into night...started at daytime the lighting (inside) stays bright the hole night.

If this happens it can be 'fixed' by leaving and reentering the house.

In my case it's reproducable for the Farmstead but I'll (later) check it in other buildings and report back if it's only in Farmstead.

LG

• 1 month later...

It happened now two times that the lighting for the daytime suddenly changed.to the opposite.

It is hard to describe but i will give it a try :)

First time i was in the hydro dam organizing materials in preperation for PV. I think while i was in the menu for dropping something, the daytime changed. It became daytime but the lighting went suddenly back to full darkness

(after i went outside it was normal daylight again - back in the dam too)

Next time it was the opposite. I was inside the trailer near abandoned mine in CH, managing the loot from CH in preperation for PV. Again while i was doing this (think i opened a container or the menu), suddenly the lighting changed from nighttime to daylight despite it became night shortly before. So it was night time, but i had the indoor lighting of daytime.

What i mean with suddenly is that the lgihing normally changes slowly from dark to bright and vice versa.So lets say it is day time and you do something for several hours into night time, you will see that the lighting becomes darker and darker till it is full dark. Right at this moment, where it becomes full darkness, it seems someone is using the light switch and suddenly it is bright like at day time again. In fact, it just turned night time.

Hope my english is good enough to understand how and when it happens :)

Do you recall if you were holding a light source at the time?

Without any info on your system specs, and without your debug output log, it would be hard for the techs to replicate what's happening on your specific machine. You may need to provide more specific information and F8 screenshots, or try the steps here first: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7888

First thing to try is verifying your Steam files.

Go to your steam library

Right click on The Long Dark

Select "Properties"

Select the "Local Files" tab

Press "verify integrity of game cache"

For them to check further, please include your debug output log file, and I'll pass it along to the team if you're still having trouble with the lighting reversal.

Thank You :)

i delete the output_logs every few days

(game is crashing every second or third time i enter or leave a building in Pleasant Valley - all other maps work fine)

Yes normally i use a lantern and turn it off as soon i can see the item to click. I cant recall if i had turned the lantern on at these moments. If it happens again, ill wait for the next crash and than post the logfile.

Or did you mean i am wrong and just forgott that i have a turned on lantern? :) I am sure its not that way or i wouldnt have noticed it. It was actually great because i had day-lighting at night and didnt had to use the lantern.

Oh, and no, i personally dont want this to be fixed because its actually great to have the lighting of daytime even if its nighttime :D - saves fuel :P

It happened again. This time i made screenshots. I am currently at farmstead. I came back from the bunker hunt and was managing the materials - i used the lantern because it was getting darker. I harvested a can opener and i think there it happened. I realized it as i checked the current time after i was done. (i just put off my clothes and checked the time)

kitchen of farmstead - nighttime but daytime lighting

r7jb9g3y.png

same room with open menu - you can see how bright it is in the background - 9h darkness left

pjmmvcpz.png

here a snapshot of the living room - 10h of darkness left

yyw7m666.png

q5naqm7f.png

I went to bed and slept for 1h and the lighting was gone. It is pitch black at night, so i had to turn on the lantern

itbmjdgz.png

output_log.txt

Archived