Silent Hill 2

If you really want to get into Silent Hill, two and three are really the only relevant ones, and you'd have to play both as they're made to play off each other, not in terms of story but in terms of design, vision and approach.

As a casual experience it doesn't really matter but if you're serious about an analysis, you pretty much have to consider SH2 and SH3 together.

If you can't afford to play, or find, more than one, SH 3 is the best in the series, and it's also the best PC port of the series. Even works straight out of the box on Win 10. ;)

And whatever you do, if console is an option for you, don't get the HD Collection, it's a pile of utter crap.

• 3 months later...

SH3 works fine on PC.. HOWEVER there an utterly FPS annoying issue for me & many : FPS move from 30 to 60 VERY often.. It's like every 5 seconds! No matter you use ultra low or ultra high settings. That doesn't make you want to (re)play the game. I mean, such game should be played in descent condition, and these are NOT!

• 1 month later...

Silent Hill 2, probably the easiest Hill to get, an ubundance in PAL and NTSC versions, prizes range from 4-16$/€

One of the cheapest good survival horror games out there.

I believe you though if you say it's not an easy find, i also sometimes cannot find easy to find games yet my friend keeps running into them (when he has no money to buy them for me xD )

Keep looking though!

Time made those games better because of the sole reason that they don't make those genres anymore.

It's like how music used to be, compard to now.

A good example is rap music, people still call it rap, but it ain't rap

And because of the crap that's called rap nowadays, the oldskool rap gets better and better each time more new crap is released.

People still call some games survivor horror, when it's just a shooter with zombies instead of demons.

Resident evil is a good example, not talking about the reboots.

Cause if resident evil 5 let alone 6 is survivor horror than the first Doom by ID Software was also survivor horror.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived