Deleting save files exploit still working

FINDarkside

At one point it was possible to get unlimited items by deleting location save files which caused them to reset when you re-entered them. It was fixed so that you don't get to leaderboards for the current game if you do this.

You can use this exploit and get to the leaderboards, you just need to delete user001 file.

I don't know where to post this but your forum rules are a bit confusing.

I guess I should get perma ban now because talking about game exploits (which is for some reason included in talking about piracy) is not allowed.

I think I also broke that "No Backseat Moderating" rule now. :?

there's a difference between reporting an exploit as a bug, as you did here (which is okay cause now we can fix it!) and telling people about an exploit and passing it around (Which is kinda like cheating)

Anyways, we've passed this onto tech so hopefully we can clear up this exploit. Thanks for letting us know!

Jeremy

talking about game exploits (which is for some reason included in talking about piracy) is not allowed

The reason Pirating exploits are cause for bans is because the exploits they discuss are on how to hack the game, including the use of 3rd party game setting hackers/changers.

The game exploit you reported here is not only a legit bug, but also an excellent find. :)

The reason Pirating exploits are cause for bans is because the exploits they discuss are on how to hack the game, including the use of 3rd party game setting hackers/changers.

Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Hinterland Community including, but not limited to: Cheating, hacking, game exploits

Yes but what does that have to do with pirating? What if someone who bought the game talks about cheating, hacking or game exploits? Or does that only mean hacking, cheating and game exploits related to pirating?

I doubt that since I was told that talking about mods (except language packs) is not allowed.

E: I'm not trying to be annoying I just think that those rules are a bit confusing and i'm still not sure what we are allowed to talk about.

Guest mcopeman

They are really good If you are unsure you can always PM Jeremy, the Site Admin or myself. That said I have mentioned how this might be confusing to the team.

Melody~

Archived