Taming a companion

Daxx Axx

Hi, I would like to see an ability to tame a companion. I've got about 30 days in sandbox on the Xbox one, and have noticed how lonely it is in-game.... A trainable companion would be great, like a wolf or wild dog to hunt with. Maybe set a trap, like a huge cage to capture it. Then tame it by feeding it, and eventually taking it home. It could help put more of the human element in, and give a good partner for hunting. I'm personally sick of chasing deer because of a bad gun shot, or because the bow is so ineffective. It takes two of my precious and few arrows to kill a deer. A canine to chase down and finish prey would be great. Especially so you don't have to walk around staring at blood trails for 10 minutes, and just let him fallow them while you fallow him! A companion would make this game feel even more natural, especially since we've been domesticating animals as food and companions for millennia. So, a hunting buddy (or buddies!) Would be a welcome bonus!

It has been suggested multiple times repeatedly, but doesn't really fit into the intentions or gameplay direction right now.

You can follow a lot of the discussions for pro/con about companion pets by typing in Companion into the forum search bar for multiple discussion links.

Thanks for the reply, I just searched it and couldn't find anything. Is there any other keywords I should search for on the pros/cons of a companion? I'd like to read it, the only cons I could think of are feeding it precious food. But, I'm sure there are more in depth reasons why there would be cons, I'm on the Xbox one version and don't really know how far along PC is. I'm ignorant of how the game has developed and changed between the two versions.

I think we do need some other mechanism to help transport material such as fire wood or meat. I would like a pack animal such as a horse, mule or pack dog. Alternatively a sledge could make it possible to move much heavier loads and solve the firewood supply problems on lakes.

Getting caught on the lake in a fishing hut is now a death sentence without luck!

Archived