Bunker-bear race RNG

I ran in a Bingo! race a couple of days ago and while something interesting did happen it wasn't that big, just RNG, but I might as well share. To put the run in context, the rules were stalker difficulty, no resets, so everyone got only one attempt, RTA - no loading - and game over IGT, so you had to kill yourself after you met your objectives.

I pushed for voyageur difficulty because it's harder than stalker but the majority thought stalker is harder, so we went with that. The Bingo! card wasn't made with stalker in mind however so there was just one category viable in a race; the bunker-bear, find both and kill the latter.

I approximate the odds of this particular run, spawn location + bunker location + bear location were somewhere around 1/350, so, like guessing someone's birthday, day and month.

I like the contrast between how bland the run looks and how it was to play it, the instant I saw where I spawned my body pretty much took over and I was just going for a ride, although a lot of problem-solving happened in the part between the bunker and the ridge overlooking the pond; playing out in my head all the bear spawn locations, routes, accidents, plan Bs.

The quality is what it is, what I uploaded to YT is a flawless - except for a couple of lag spikes - 720p @ 60 fps @ 35 Mbps file conforming to their recommendations :cry:

[bBvideo 560,340:cor1q4b4]

[/bBvideo]

The quality is what it is, what I uploaded to YT is a flawless - except for a couple of lag spikes - 720p @ 60 fps @ 35 Mbps file conforming to their recommendations :cry:

I feel your pain! I made a video as well which looked pretty good. Sure, not as professional as those of the "big" Youtubers but it was fine. I was soooo proud: My third video ever and it looked cool. But after "youtubing" it - ugh.

But I liked your video anyway. :) It was very fun to watch: How self-confident you ran towards that bear! Unfortunately the bear was very self-confident, too... and pissed :lol:

I feel your pain! I made a video as well which looked pretty good. Sure, not as professional as those of the "big" Youtubers but it was fine. I was soooo proud: My third video ever and it looked cool. But after "youtubing" it - ugh.

When I'll catch one of those YT celebrities I'll steal their render preset and post it somewhere :lol:

But I liked your video anyway. :) It was very fun to watch: How self-confident you ran towards that bear! Unfortunately the bear was very self-confident, too... and pissed :lol:

Thanks.

I agree with the majority, but I am curious why you think voyageur is harder than stalker?

Our Bingo! card, on stalker, basically translated to "kill a bear and find the bunker in ML" and on voyageur

it would have translated to "visit all interiors in ML". You would never do this on stalker because it's terribly slow by comparison but faster on voyageur because obviously you don't have to wait for the bear to spawn.

Stalker is harder because the spawn can screw you over, night in the middle of a wolf party with no flare, bad weather with no bear, or something like that, but it's easy otherwise. All ML interiors is extremely hard by comparison, not finishing it, but winning it first against 10+ other players; no wildlife - i.e. no excuses - so it really puts pressure on your map&fancy route knowledge which I'm not that confident in and, I feel, secretly, nobody was.

Stalker bunker-bear is purely RNG based. Rifle, ammo, bunker, bear. Voyageur all ML interiors is, except bunker RNG, just you and your best judgement.

Besides if you're in the race mentality you're most likely hiding some little secrets of your own, like routes; that's what's going to help you in any given scenario so people do grind the maps. There are some beautiful shortcuts out there. Frozen creek to forestry lookout is a good example most people know about. Maybe they just wanted to keep them a secret, see if they still work in the next update :o:)

Archived