Hygiene bar

Stealth Lynx

I personally think there's already too much micromanagement involved with cooking, boling water and crafting utensils/gear.

I'd really prefer a focus on exploration and the ouside world in general, I don't care for another bar to fill in the menus.

I think some kind of hygiene is missing from the game, While there is some micromanagement in the game it is not very demanding really. We never wash or need to use a toilet etc. therefore we must stink and become more detectable by wolves & bears.

But this would need to be very basic as it could go overboard. could be as simple of harvesting some plant/bush and boiling it like we do mushrooms etc.

But this would need to be very basic as it could go overboard. could be as simple of harvesting some plant/bush and boiling it like we do mushrooms etc.

This is exactly the point I was making.

ATM I feel like I simply spend days in the house in front of the fire cooking meat and melting snow. There's already too much of that and it's extremely boring (to me).

The fact that you have to literally watch water boil or that you could even die of starvation while cooking is a tad annoying...

If the whole concept of cooking/sleeping/crafting went through some kind of rework such to make it less demanding, some new activities could be introduced, but as it is now it would simply add a layer of boring for me.

I want to be out in the snow, hunting or being hunted, searching for materials to survive, not being confined at home playing Cooking Mama.

I want to be out in the snow, hunting or being hunted, searching for materials to survive, not being confined at home playing Cooking Mama.

Yeah I understand that, It is frustrating watching water boil or cooking meat. At least with water we can choose how much water to make but have to cook meat individually. But this is reasonably realistic as I wouldn't leave something cooking on a fire and go to sleep or leave the house. So I think it does add realism as boring as it can be but then I tend to most of this when the weather is howling and rattling everything which seems to be a lot of the time LOL.

In reality, hygiene is VERY important in the outdoors. Not just for health reasons, but also for purposes of insulation.

If your clothing gets dirty (sweat, dirt, skin oils, etc), it loses insulation properties. So, after a couple of days mucking it up, clothing that used to keep you warm will no longer "do the trick".

Not even touching the fact that, if you don't wash yourself regularly, you are bound to host a whole slew of skin fungus's and other things that will make your like uncomfortable at best, and extremely debilitating at worst.

IRL, I keep a small bar of soap and a "face-cloth" in my kit at all times. At the end of every day, I wash off the assorted grime, especially in the crotch and under the arms. Of course, I also shave off any emerging facial hair (a well stropped knife is a beautiful thing), but that is more of a personal choice.

It isn't even that hard or time-consuming to keep clean in the woods. I simply use some of the water I use for cooking, set it aside off the boil, and clean myself that way.

No need for a "hygiene bar". It doesn't really work that way: you and your clothing are either dirty (AKA air-spaces filled up with gunk), or you are clean. Running around will make you "dirty" faster.

No need for a "hygiene bar". It doesn't really work that way: you and your clothing are either dirty (AKA air-spaces filled up with gunk), or you are clean. Running around will make you "dirty" faster.

And how would you keep track of how dirty you are if not with another bar?

Once again: this is a game, not a simulator. The mechanics should be exciting and rewarding. Watching a bar voiding down after I click on a soap bar is far from exciting... especially if I'll have to do it every single day of the game!

Archived