Save and/only on quit

octavian

I'd like if it worked that way, however on the same note, an autosave feature protects from severe loss if the game crashes, or some other unforeseen issue occurs.

Yes and no. Not how they handle it right now. While the game does save on doors and rest, it also saves when something bad happens, generally speaking. You are not being protected against the unforseen, the game is being protected against you.

It very much feels like some guy at Hinterland slapping me over the face and saying "I don't trust you, you bastard you, you are in a dangerous situation and you aren't going to save now, now I just saved, hahehihohu," like some snickering villain child and all I want to do is pat its blond hair curly.

This way the save system doesn't get abused.

You can still manipulate RNG laughing negating failing repairing and starting fires because it saves on doors and rest. They'd have to remove saving in those cases to prevent this. Saving with every fail would be even worse, more and less hiccups and trust.

So more forced autosaving may be useful.

If autosaving was silent, without the game having a minor malfunction doing it and without explicitly saying “hahehihohu” to your face where that applies I wouldn’t have anything against autosaves, they could happen every second as far as I’m concerned.

Either they make it smooth and silent and have them constant either they remove it completely and have just save and quit, with all the drawbacks this has. I’d chose losing progress due to an unforeseen issue -which by definition is a low probability event- over recurrently losing immersion because of the villain child.

Save and quit should replace quit regardless, even if nothing else changes.

Archived