Rifle no longer spawns

Random Fires

Sandbox_mystry lake

RIfle no longer spawns in any location.

If player does not go to hunting cabin first on new game rifle does not spawn.

1st four play thrus had a rifle.1st game never survived long enough to find.4th playthru had two in different locations.10 or so play thrus had none after.Very time consuming to go to each local trying to verify.

Game killing since bow resources take too long to cure to even attempt crafting.

Xbox~normal difficulty

Will hard boot and try later...much later.If designed intentional, then not smooth.Player would be forced to reset to get better spawn, negating the whole random location challange at start.

I know the rifle spawns in different locations. I am stating that during 11hrs on constant play, after the fourth game, the 2 rifles spawned on one map, after that, every play thru that followed had no rifle.

After 10-12 play thru(s) averaging a survival time of 2 and some day, no rifle can be found. Also noticed a lack of bunkers, but it bunkers were not part of my search circuit. Depending on my initial spawn point, the initial search circuit would change. This is on the first map. I actually wandered into pleasant valley a couple of times having spawned at the Dam, no joy, but didn't expect to find one.

Spawn location, and wolves changed the search pattern but typically it was, Dam, derailment, lake cabins, Alans cave, camp office, dead fall(or somethin) hunter lodge, look for close bunker, loging cabins, forestry tower, cabin between hunters, and closed tunnel(train).

Can I check out every nook a cranny in three days? Nope. But after 12 or so play thru's knowing the map pretty good, I think that might need addressing/investigating. Didn't think about the missing bunkers till now.

Gotta go bottle bear and wine for real world survival and will go back at it after hard reboot.

Got damn good dealing with wolves with no gun... Bears, not so much.

After hard re-boot, immediately found 2 rifles, hunting cabin and safe in damn. Oddly, little found food... Balance perhaps? To happy to see a rifle again to care.

Also Should note; during my last gaming spree in search of a rifle, any time I access inventory and used the right shoulder bumper to select inventory categories it would skip directly to the tools category. (should have moved to med, or category next to last one used). This also stopped after hard reboot.

3 quick plays and I've immediately found rifle. Going back to actually playing. Should mention the xbox is/was in power saving mode.

Archived