More renewable resources

Dantuin

Would like to see more outdoor resources pop up (trees, bushes ect.) to extend the ability to fix equipment and make shelters. It would be nice if the player chooses to not harvest all the bow making wood in a grove then more would grow back eventually, like in a real forest.

1) It is winter. Almost, if not all, plants do not grow in winter.

2) Plants, especially trees/saplings, take at least a year to grow. This is outside the scope of the game, currently.

The devs have stated that they plan on making "sequels" to TLD that take place in different seasons. This would allow agriculture and the "saving up" of resources for the colder months. Plant during Spring, harvest during Summer, Forage during Autumn, and hunker down on your gathered resources during Winter.

2) Plants, especially trees/saplings, take at least a year to grow. This is outside the scope of the game, currently.

The devs have stated that they plan on making "sequels" to TLD that take place in different seasons. This would allow agriculture and the "saving up" of resources for the colder months. Plant during Spring, harvest during Summer, Forage during Autumn, and hunker down on your gathered resources during Winter.

Good to know, could you point me towards the thread where they talk about this plan ?

Good to know, could you point me towards the thread where they talk about this plan ?

I'll do you one better!

Here's some information from Raphael (creative director) about the future of The Long Dark and its "sequels"/seasons:

http://www.reddit.com/r/thelongdark/com ... at/corqcn9

My last playthrough on Stalker was 117 days, currently I'm on 75 days, Are you telling me nothing would grow in these times? Because, even though it's winter, the Rabbit, Wolf, Deer population seems to get back up and is renewed. I've wiped out the Coastal Town wolves about 7 times now and they keep coming back, even though it's winter.

My last playthrough on Stalker was 117 days, currently I'm on 75 days, Are you telling me nothing would grow in these times? Because, even though it's winter, the Rabbit, Wolf, Deer population seems to get back up and is renewed. I've wiped out the Coastal Town wolves about 7 times now and they keep coming back, even though it's winter.

Wildlife could be moving from other locations. Plants usually can't walk that far.

Archived