Things i'd like to see in TLD

Ther0

I didn't find a roadmap of future things that will be added in the game.. so if some of these things are in there, good for me ! Anyway here my thoughts :

The crafting system is "fine.. ish" but i think it could be a bit better.

We can harvest hard metal stuff without the Work Bench, why can't we do basic crafting like.. The Fish Tackle for instance. It's just a hook attacched to a line.

More so, why can't we build basic shelters and\or rudimental "walls" (wich could be a spiky barricade to keeps wolf away for instance.) ? Whith this in mind i'm thinking at the Mistery Lake where you have the fishing hut but it basically could make you wolf food pretty easily.. wich is part of the thrill, but since we're able to craft a functional bow (wich i find usefull, but i don't know how realistic that would be) why can't we build a Wooden barricade like This ?

Then i'd like to see shelters. It doesn't need to be easy to do that, but i think that in the Forage Wood options you could search for "shelter materials" (i.e. long straight wood branches, old man beards lichens and\or conifers' branches with leaves\needles on it in order to make a rudimental "teepee"). I mean, in the survival tv shows they're able to do that in few hours of work because they know what to do.. I think that in game you could need half day at least.. but then you could have a shelter wherever you need. Maybe in mistery lake you might not need it, since it's a relatively small map, but in future with bigger maps we could have maybe more remote zones without refuge to sleep in !

Then we lack some basic "weapons" like a wooden spear. But maybe that will be added sooner or later.

The last suggestion i have comes frome inside the game, when you take a look at the books it says something about "once a source of information, now it's fuel" (summarized), why can't we make it an actual source of informations ! It could take hours or maybe day to read the book and it could work like searching inside objects. You read for x time, and you read a % of the book overtime... in that book you COULD find some survival tips and\or instructions, or maybe after spending 1 day reading it you will find that it was a romance novel good to be burn.

That's it for now. As far as i advance the game i will update\edit the post in order to make it more and more precise.

Greetings and thanks for the reading.

when you take a look at the books it says something about "once a source of information, now it's fuel" (summarized), why can't we make it an actual source of informations!

Actually the description is "Eventually, a source of knowledge. For now, something to burn when you are freezing". Books will contain information in the future, it's just not implemented yet. :)

when you take a look at the books it says something about "once a source of information, now it's fuel" (summarized), why can't we make it an actual source of informations!

Actually the description is "Eventually, a source of knowledge. For now, something to burn when you are freezing". Books will contain information in the future, it's just not implemented yet. :)

xD Yeh, i dead it better after posting the thread and opening the game.

Good to know, that actually one of the coolest things i ever wanted in a survival game.

Thanks Bethany ! Can't wait for future patches !

EDIT : Is there a plan to improve the curing of pelt\guts\branches? I.e. if there is a fire in the room gets +% on drying and such ?

EDIT 2 : Getting fit overtime would be great.. or maybe count less weight for the clothings? I know that 3.5 kg are 3.5 kgs, but when you wear them as a Coat you don't feel them as heavy. When i was in the Scouts i had quite an heavy backpack, but going around with it in Summer (less clothes) or in Winter (coat + heavier clothes) didn't really make much difference.

EDIT 3 : On the same subject, it could be possible to get "fit" overtime ? I mean, as you run along with the backpack.. over some days you should be able to carry more and more weight.. It shouldn't be limitless, but considering that in the Army the Soldiers ends up carrying almost as much as they weight, i think that a "training curve" that ends up carrying 40 or 50 kg would be good.

Expecially when you start craft something and you're wearing heavier (Crafted) clothes, 30kg are quite few..

Just a quick note, since I haven't been playing for too long, I would like to see the small cursor a different color other than white {and the font as well}. Just something easier to see on the snow background, esp. when looking down at stuff you are trying to pick up.

Wow, it turned in a suggestion post, nice!

First of all sorry, i said the same thing (sort of ) 2 times in a row in my previous post.

I'll keep going with my ideas :

How about more interaction with the game itself ? I'd like to personalize the game a bit. Making it more cozy.

For instance i recently managed to reach the Coastal Highway maps (yes, after 20 days of surviving in Mystery Lake i decided that it was time to move.. still i was pretty sad) and there are the 2 houses on the islands that are awesome. I wish i could personalize them a bit.

Like destroying piece of furniture i don't need for wood or maybe moving\fixing existing ones. (For instance i might want to free the living room in order to build some drying racks (connected to the idea of improving the cure of pelts\guts with the aid of heat + warm\dry from the fire) to cure the pelts or maybe dry some fish\meat in order to preserve them.

Or maybe you don't want the kitchen arranged like that, you could move the fridge (it would require times like for foraging stuff! Bigger the object, the more time you need and fatigue you get.) after you harvested the not-funcitoning gas powered stove.

Or you could build a primordial belly pot to put in house that doesn't have the stove itself !

Part of these ideas came straight from "This War of Mine" (another niche indie game, extremly good but rather different than this.), wich allowed you to break wooden furniture to get wood to burn, the ability to build stuff.. Again, different game, but the idea was the same, survive in a "realistic environment".

This answers my question about books, the initial reason I came to the site. Felt guilty and worried when I had to burn a book. Did I just waste some potential skill or recipe? Nope!

Not itching the burn the few books I have collected thus far, but good to know I'm not burning away some possible knowledge advantage. (at present time)

Archived