Bloodloss After Bandage is Applied

RJIII

Sure this is by design but, its kinda weird that after I have applied the heavy bandage for blood loss it still shows Blood Loss. Antibiotics and rest don't really stop the bleeding, the bandage does. Maybe it should read "infected" after the bandage is applied.

I noticed this also. I chalked it up to something they will address in a future update. You're right, maybe not "infected" but something like "infection risk" and then have the odds of infection go up as time passes. Then after a certain amount of time either have the "infection risk" go away or then change to "infected", maybe based on a random percentage based on your current overall health. If you're weak, tired and hungry I would think the infection would have a better chance of setting in. Additionally, I would think "infected" could then open a whole new bag of problems and ailments.

Sure this is by design but, its kinda weird that after I have applied the heavy bandage for blood loss it still shows Blood Loss.

I could be wrong [i'm not sure of the change in medical terms if any], but I would think that simply stopping the bleeding wouldn't mean you haven't suffered from blood loss [the bandage doesn't put all the blood back to levels when applied -- it would just slow down the loss or stop it from bleeding out more].

Infection does happen in the game if you don't get the right medication to counteract it -- even when bandaged up.

Again though, I don't know if the medical term changes once bandaged up.

Guest Alan Lawrance

The way it works now is that the Heavy Bandage will:

1. Significantly reduce chance of infection of the wound (but not 100%)

2. Significantly reduce the condition and fatigue drain from the wound (again, not 100%)

The only way to get 100% "cured" of the Blood Loss is to complete the full recovery regimen... or you let it run its course (which would be exceedingly difficult, if not impossible, to do).

I agree this could be communicated in a better way though.

Archived