Update With Controller Support

klesh

Yes, the Hinterland team have been putting in the heavy time needed to complete the controller functions to coincide with the XBox One announcement.

It's one of the reasons a lot of the UI started to change in the previous update [all keyboard and controller functions needed to be completely available and operational].

Controller support has been one of the biggest requests from a major number of players since the first early access release. While it may not seem like much for players who don't use controllers [myself included, prior to trying a controller while playing The Long Dark], it was a very major task which was needed.

Controllers were always in the plans, but with the way the game is growing, they needed to do overhauls to all the controls now while still possible (otherwise it could also have caused major content delays ahead if they didn't have all the controller support in place first].

Like I said, I'm a keyboard person, and rarely used controllers... but after having tried it in TLD I'm hooked.

Archived