I'm very interested in this game, but...

yehyehyeh

It's mid 2015 and it's still aplha, not even a beta.

So my questions are: do developers release small updates or something more consistent? Are them sporadic or periodic? What is the roadmap? (that's something i really care, especially for an early access)

Do they comunicate with the community? Because the blog is literally dead.

It's mid 2015 and it's still aplha, not even a beta. So my questions are: do developers release small updates or something more consistent? Are them sporadic or periodic? What is the roadmap? (that's something i really care, especially for an early access) Do they comunicate with the community? Because the blog is literally dead.

Roadmap is, story releases sometime at the end of the year. I say probably around December, because holidays and winter, seeing the game's themes, cold, snow, you get it. Everything else, it depends on what those words mean to you, small, consistent, sporadic, periodic and communicate.

Hang around a while and see for yourself, next update is sometimes next week. That's a good time to stalk the forums, when an update happens, you'll see people ranting, people cheerleading, people reporting bugs, people confused about the update, people being random, how devs are responding to all of this, it's fun, welcome to the forums :lol:

The devs are very responsive to any technical issues, since January, they have added bears, numerous crafting options, tweaked quite a few balance related things, added an entire new map, 2 transition areas, more recently the elusive survival bow (still haven't found a maple sapling =_=) and there is supposed to be a new feature added next week (they are fairly consistent with updates, content ranges from tweaking to full on new material release). Since it is an alpha game, they are clearly still tweaking things and smoothing out glitches, but for the most part it is an incredibly stable game, just be sure to read about directx 9 launching if your graphics card uses it. I have sunk about 70 hours of game time and still don't know all of the areas all that well. I can move from one map to the other with relative ease (yes, you can start in one, but all are accessible, its just tricky to find the transitions sometimes).

This game really challenges your decision making abilities, and has a pretty steep learning curve as everything you learn is through trial and error. I love stalker mode (hard mode) because it never lets you get complacent, even with all the food and water in the world, there are still a ton of elements that can kill you off if you aren't careful. Sometimes you can get killed off even when you are careful, you just run into a pack of wolves at the wrong time, or make 1 slight error.

edit: also, if you die, that is game :) you have to start over. No reloads. though it does keep a save point after you sleep/enter building, and as long as you don't die, you can hit load to access your current run

I think this game is well worth the endeavor for any indie survival enthusiast, or even if it is your first survival sim. When this game is fully released it will be amazing.

We've released roughly 50 updates and hotfixes since launching in Early Access on Steam, and typically release a large update every month. I like to think we're very responsive to the community! At the very least, I'm always here if you ever have any questions or thoughts to share, but the developers are also very proactive in responding to the community.

As for an official roadmap, we don't necessarily have one that we've made public, but we are aiming to release the full game at the end of 2015, and we will continue to update and expand the sandbox for both PC and XBox One in the meantime!

Welcome to the community!

We've released roughly 50 updates and hotfixes since launching in Early Access on Steam, and typically release a large update every month. I like to think we're very responsive to the community! At the very least, I'm always here if you ever have any questions or thoughts to share, but the developers are also very proactive in responding to the community.

As for an official roadmap, we don't necessarily have one that we've made public, but we are aiming to release the full game at the end of 2015, and we will continue to update and expand the sandbox for both PC and XBox One in the meantime!

Welcome to the community!

What she said.

Archived