Spoiled meat disappeared

Maikleeps

I harvested a wolf and noticed that the condition was only 1%. As I was encumbered I put all the meat in front of the fireplace whilst I explored the house I just entered. By the time I wanted to light the fire (10 in game minutes) the meat was gone. Is it a common behaviour for degraded or spoiled food to vanish?

• 2 weeks later...

I killed a bear (first time) and there was so much meat I put it outside the Trapper's cabin to keep it unspoiled. I already had quite a bit of deer and wolf meat. I had/have no idea if that would work but in real life I would think it would keep it from spoiling.

Anyway, I left it there for a week in game and one day it was just all gone :( So much food I didn't get to use, and I have still not tasted bear, haha.

I killed a bear (first time) and there was so much meat I put it outside the Trapper's cabin to keep it unspoiled. I already had quite a bit of deer and wolf meat. I had/have no idea if that would work but in real life I would think it would keep it from spoiling.

The first time I played the game I tried freezing meat outside too :D Didn't work :cry: Inside a container meat, and everything else, degrades slowest.

Archived