Some issues about v236

traceyle

First thanks for an awesome updates, have several hours of fun time with the bow.I am using a old save and dont know if it work in new game or not, so I just have some issues, here it is:

- Do you guys purposely make caves 's temperature stable to weather ? Because caves now just become houses, can sleep without any worries at all, dont need fire ever if these is a blizzard right outside, sleeping save and sound. Really need to change this back.

- Using bow many time to hunt but bow 's condition is not degraded.

- When i making arrow, if i keep arrows with 60% condition, the arrow made will have 60% condition and be grouped with the rest. Only if i drop all used arrows or keep arrows with 100% condition in inventory , the arrow made after will have 100%.

- Find it silly when add gut to rabbit. Because with only 1 or 2 snares, i can have many more guts, then make 10 or 100 snares more if i have enough claimed wood. Can just farming rabbit to live, too easily. Absolutely need to change this back.

- In the train in the pic below, i cant put sleeping bag in there.

- And lastly, there are some invicible stone that i cant walk through.

Thanks for reading this, keep up the great works guys, looking forward for your next update, devs. :D

screen_d820c96d-82f5-4edd-aae7-4742f7f80

screen_d4cfb0a5-bec2-4460-af3e-893cd4ff4

screen_a86fe6ef-0d14-40cf-9707-4e04a8ea9

First thanks for an awesome updates, have several hours of fun time with the bow.I am using a old save and dont know if it work in new game or not, so I just have some issues, here it is:

- Do you guys purposely make caves 's temperature stable to weather ? Because caves now just become houses, can sleep without any worries at all, dont need fire ever if these is a blizzard right outside, sleeping save and sound. Really need to change this back.

- When i making arrow, if i keep arrows with 60% condition, the arrow made will have 60% condition and be grouped with the rest. Only if i drop all used arrows or keep arrows with 100% condition in inventory , the arrow made after will have 100%.

- Find it silly when add gut to rabbit. Because with only 1 or 2 snares, i can have many more guts, then make 10 or 100 snares more if i have enough claimed wood. Can just farming rabbit to live, too easily. Absolutely need to change this back.

Thanks for reading this, keep up the great works guys, looking forward for your next update, devs. :D

1) Well, yeah. Being in a cave will take you out of the wind, which in and of itself will keep you warm. Add a fire to that and you are golden. Which is why caves (and tents and houses) were used for shelter during human development

2) In reality, unless you deliberately do something to the bow to damage (drop it, bang it), the type of bow we can make is very resistant to damage. The only thing we can really do is leave it strung, so it "sets" into the new shape, and that is avoided by letting it dry before using. Which we do.

3) Well, yeah. That is what trappers did, and do. The more traps you have, the higher chances you have of getting something.

This is something I don't understand about this game community: why do people want to limit what we could feasibly do, all in the name of artificial difficulty? In real life, survival "tactics" almost always involve making things as "easy/simple" as possible.

1) Well, yeah. Being in a cave will take you out of the wind, which in and of itself will keep you warm. Add a fire to that and you are golden. Which is why caves (and tents and houses) were used for shelter during human development

2) In reality, unless you deliberately do something to the bow to damage (drop it, bang it), the type of bow we can make is very resistant to damage. The only thing we can really do is leave it strung, so it "sets" into the new shape, and that is avoided by letting it dry before using. Which we do.

3) Well, yeah. That is what trappers did, and do. The more traps you have, the higher chances you have of getting something.

This is something I don't understand about this game community: why do people want to limit what we could feasibly do, all in the name of artificial difficulty? In real life, survival "tactics" almost always involve making things as "easy/simple" as possible.

1) I disagree. I think that a cave, fishing hut, or any other structure that cannot actually be closed to the wind should be affected by weather. It should reduce the wind, and maybe increase the air temp (slightly if at all), but unless it's an especially deep cave, most of the benefit should be wind reduction. A fire should be absolutely necessary for survival.

2) I agree. The bow degradation and crafting time should balanced for at least months of use.

3) I agree. To your final point, I also agree. I would prefer to see the game more difficult to survive because of the extreme weather rather than by arbitrarily limiting effective strategies. Giving the weather a longer rhythm, so we can expect a week long blizzard every month, and then a smaller day or two-day blizzards that follow it for the next week, before a variable period of relative calm weather, would give the game way more immersion and difficulty, while encouraging players to plan ahead. Also, making all of the wildlife way less common would make hunting something that has to be focused on, rather than a byproduct of walking around. Survival, especially in the far north IS something that is very difficult, so if the game focuses on the realities that the player would face, it seems like the game should self balance. It's only because one aspect is already artificial (like wildlife population) that other systems have to be artificially tweaked to "balance" the game.

For me, it's the artificial tweaking that breaks the immersion, and the less of this that shows up, the more fantastic the game becomes.

It s not about easy or not, it s about unlogical.

1. Even during stone age when human living in cave, when there are snow storm, many were dead because of cold. So if caves 's temperature stable, then i can move all my thing in there, living completely relaxing.

2. Should make bow degrade like gun, or a little more, like 3-4% per shot.

3. I m talking about the unlimited of snares, as long as you have only 1 snare you can have 1000 more, right now i have 100 snare in my store and 130 gut waiting(mean it take forever to use all that)... and about the chance of getting rabbit is already very high.

Archived