Clothes never unthaw without fire

joki

V.235.

I just fell into the lake on costal highway map multiple times. After I went back to town and slept, I noticed that my clothes were stuck at 24% frozen and never thawed. Even after I took them off and slept another 12hrs, they were stuck at 24% frozen. Only after stand next to a fire, they unthawed quickly. I guess this is not supposed to be like this.

You can fall into the lake? Clothes can freeze? I had no idea.

But it sounds right to me, as indoors temperatures are below zero. That's not completely true as indoor temperature varies with difficulty but your experience doesn't sound strange to me at all. If you would fall in ice cold water and your clothes would freeze, it would be overwhelmingly unlikely that they would defrost in temperatures around 0 degrees without being close to a fire. Or it would take a really, really long time.

You can fall into the whole area south of jack rabbits island on the coastal highway map.

latest?cb=20141130045357

And of course your clothes should thaw when you are sleeping in a bed with 12°C temperature. They do in front of the fire even at lower degrees obove zero than that.

They can still be thawed without fire if the temperature is above zero, and that depend on which house you are staying. But of source that is very inconvenient to find a house which its temperature is above zero so just make a fire to thaw your clothes, it will be faster.

Well, that this was definitively a bug. Maybe it was caused by me falling into throu the ice again, while my clothes were already frozen? Either way, I spend ~12 hrs while wearing the clothes, they all remained at 24% frozen (sleeping at felt temperature 10°C), then another ~12 hrs while not wearing them in an attempt to fix this issue. After the whole 24 hrs they still at 24% frozen and i checked multiple times. Only after i started a fire, they immediatly started to thaw.

Archived