caves and ambient light.

caverdude

In movies caves have ever present iluminescent cave light. In reality there is some light near entrance called twilight zone. After that pitch black without light sourse. The distance of this twilight zone depends on size of entrance. This effect might be achieved by fading intensity of anbient light the more distance from entry point.

We definitely have the pitch black thing covered. I learned that the hard way. Thanks for the info!

Hard way?

Was wandering around in the cave. Thought I had flares/matches/some kind of light source. I was wrong. Ran around in the dark for a while. Always a fun time.

The Mystic Falls cave is also completely dark except for some roof collapsed spots with daylight. The "standard" caves are probably not deep enough (big entrance/short length) to prevent daylight from entering.

@caverdude: No offense, but maybe you should spend a little more time playing the game (or exploring the maps).^^ You sometimes suggest things that are already ingame. ;)

The Mystic Falls cave is also completely dark except for some roof collapsed spots with daylight. The "standard" caves are probably not deep enough (big entrance/short length) to prevent daylight from entering.

@caverdude: No offense, but maybe you should spend a little more time playing the game (or exploring the maps).^^ You sometimes suggest things that are already ingame. ;)

What maps?

Especially in pleasent valley there are so many caves, I had a really fun time only moving from cave to cave and never sleeping inside for quiet some in-game days. Just keep searching, there is _plenty_! And remember their position, so you can find it in the next snowstorm. :lol:

I could'nt even find from the trees directly outside the pleasent valley farmstead to the farmstead during a snowstorm while at 8% condition and heavily encumbered from bear harvesting last time.... :(

Archived