Empty lamp oil cans - feature or bug?

I've recently noticed, that after filling my (spelunker's) lantern, sometimes an empty lamp oil can remains weighing 0.1 kg.
Previously lamp oil cans disappeared immediately when filled into the lantern.
Has anyone else experienced it?
Is this intentional?

47 minutes ago, Talavaj said:

It weighs 0.0 for me, perhaps a rounding bug is keeping it just above 0.
I take my buggy bottles with me when fishing, refilling then spending it tends to fix it.

thanks for the info! (it appears to be a bug then...)
out of curiosity: do you use a regular or the spelunker's lantern?

You mean the lantern fuel bottles or the jerry can? 

I have read/heard that the jerry can is now a permanent item in the game, something that was not explicitly announced. Do not know if this was consistent across the whole game or with the DLC.

Lantern fuel bottles go away when emptied as before.  I have not made any specific try to verify that the jerry can actually now remains in the game when empty.  

I did notice that the lantern fuel bottles now materialize with condition as 100%.  Only already existing bottles (and jerry cans) can have less than 100% condition.  Kind of makes me think (hopeful) that we might actually see another (stealth or announced) game mechanic in Part 6 of the DLC that would allow for transfers of lamp oil between containers.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

You mean the lantern fuel bottles or the jerry can? 

I have read/heard that the jerry can is now a permanent item in the game, something that was not explicitly announced. Do not know if this was consistent across the whole game or with the DLC.

Lantern fuel bottles go away when emptied as before.  I have not made any specific try to verify that the jerry can actually now remains in the game when empty.  

I did notice that the lantern fuel bottles now materialize with condition as 100%.  Only already existing bottles (and jerry cans) can have less than 100% condition.  Kind of makes me think (hopeful) that we might actually see another (stealth or announced) game mechanic in Part 6 of the DLC that would allow for transfers of lamp oil between containers.  

He means the small plastic ones:
They sometimes get stuck at 0 fuel like this but since it happens only occasionally (not always) I'd wager it's simply a bug.

Now that I think about it, I have been using spelunker's for ages. I have never tested whether it does it with regular lamps too.

Fuel.jpg

Edited by Talavaj
  • Upvote 1

I've seen it too and I'm thinking it's a Spelunker's lantern bug. I've only ever seen it happen when refilling Spelunker's; the normal lantern will use the whole bottle if there is enough space. That's from what I've seen and it may be a coincidence, but I think it's just the specific lantern. 

Edited by Pencil
  • Upvote 1

I know that occasionally the lantern fuel bottles have persisted at 0.0 liters but when I go and use them to refuel a lantern anyway they go away.  Not a permanent fixture. 

I also did a quick test of the jerry can - I do like to verify what I see posted or I mistakenly infer :( even if I didn't quite believe it - and it disappeared when emptied which is what I would have expected.  I did it as a scum test so the jerry can wasn't lost and now I will be going fishing to refill it.  

• Upvote 2