Laggy Mystery Lake

Just wondering if it's my game or maybe fps, but I seem to be hitting a bit of lag in graphics in Mystery Lake. It seems to be focused near Camp Office especially when it snows. Anyone else experiencing this?

I do get lag but not in mystery lake.. I get it in one or two spots in hrv, one being between the giant log bridge over the river and the signal fire north... but can't remember where the other is as I don't go very often.

• Upvote 1

Camp office area but only when looking in the forlorn muskeg direction? Yeah.
There is probably a memory leak of some sort over there, I think the lone cabin up from the pond also gets lag, and the hill around deadfall area.

Glimmer fog and timberwolves (specifically when they fail to path towards you) are also prone to lag.

Edited by Talavaj

9 hours ago, Talavaj said:

There is probably a memory leak of some sort over there, I think the lone cabin up from the pond also gets lag, and the hill around deadfall area.

Glimmer fog and timberwolves (specifically when they fail to path towards you) are also prone to lag.

Yes actually, those areas in ML specifically. But it usually happens when I look in the direction of the lake cabins from the rabbit grove on the way to the lookout tower closest to the office.

10 hours ago, Talavaj said:

Same thing on a Switch in a Bleak Inlet, when you staying in a small guardhouse near cannery and Timberwolfs can’t reach you, game drops to 3-5fps (very laggy).

15 hours ago, iii said:

Same thing on a Switch in a Bleak Inlet, when you staying in a small guardhouse near cannery and Timberwolfs can’t reach you, game drops to 3-5fps (very laggy).

Yeah, same happens whenever you drop onto a ledge where timbers can't get to, or climb a rosehip ledge out of their reach.
I assume it's because the game repeatedly tries to path the timberwolves towards the player but since it can't find a viable path it attempts to do so infinitely.
Under normal circumstances, if the pathing fails the animals lose track of the player and go back to their patrol route, so you don't experience this.

If you have good enough computing power it's probably not a problem at all, but old cpus and Switch may struggle.
I myself have trash cpu from 2010 when playing TLD, so I get to experience it.

I've definitely noticed the wildlife being "displaced" in the regions. I don't remember a bear spawn next to the hunters blind in PV near the plane crash. He literally was walking up the hill and back down again like he was lost. I also encountered a lone ptarmigan wandering around the ice near the entrance to BR. There's also been plenty of times there's nothing around and when I pick up a rabbit from a snare I'm all of a sudden balls deep in a wolf struggle with no warning. One other thing, tracking wounded deer. Some seem to run to a specific rock on a hill and vanish. Makes hunting a pain and a waste of resources.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah definitely, I just wanted to gauge whether it was important enough through reacting. Basically seeing if anyone else is having this issue. See, I don't have the best TV and my console is rather old. It could be other things, even my game itself. Thank you for the advice and I'll be putting a couple tickets in later.