Hello Devs, I have a request.

I have a question for @Raphael van Lierop  and the developers….

I was wondering if at all possible if you  guys could add a manual save for us switch players ?

I'm not sure how it goes with other consoles, but i am experiencing some pretty random crashes playing on the switch.  ( not necessarily due to the most recent update, they’ve always happened) 

all my problems would be solved if i could simply be able to manually save once and awhile. (PS I’m not a save scummer, when I die, I die.)

My worst experience this week was having to hunt a bear, completely  harvest meat, guts, and pelt, plus cooking a bunch of her, only to bring her home and have wasted like 2 hours of IRL . When I finally went inside, during the loading screen I crashed!  When I started game again I was back where I started when I turned my game on!  Since August 1st, my game has crashed 5 times in random areas , causing me to lose many IRL hours playing, only to redo them. 

I know it’s not Hinterlands fault, but Nintendos , as many switch games sometimes randomly crash.  But,  those games that do crash, I can manually save when I suspect something may happen, or when a crash is likely to happen. That means, I don’t lose 2 hours of my time . 

I’m  not sure if that’s possible with this game, but, I’m sure many of us console players who’s games randomly crash would appreciate it. 

thanks for reading @Raphael van Lierop

Also, I must say I am loving the new updates to the game!! This is still my favourite game ( 1843 hours and going strong!)   All the new items you’ve added are amazing so far!! I cannot wait to catch up to the PC version 🙂 and I’ve not even fully explored the new regions I’ve gotten yet! 

I hope you all are having a great summer, take care 🙂

Posted (edited)

Thank you, but this  is not a hinterland glitch. These things happen with games ported to switch. There is no point in reporting this. 

My suggestion was simply to request another save option for those whose consoles crash due to the port. Almost all of my games ported to switch crash. Skyrim, for example. But, with Skyrim I can save anytime I want to, thus avoiding wasting 2 hours and having to go back and  repeat everything, because I could only save going inside doors or  sleeping. 

lots of bigger games tend to crash on switch. That’s just the way Nintendo operates lol! 

Edited by Jynxer