I love this new region so far.  I climbed a rope and found myself on a path to a brand new area!  When I got there,

Spoiler

I found myself on the side of a mountain on some kind of broken mining (?) road.  I could tell the views would be incredible, but the visibility was bad already so I decided to head up the mountain road instead of down because I had heard there might be timber wolves and I was genuinely scared.  As it was really starting to get dark, I was still on that road and genuinely starting to worry about what would happen if the few flakes that were falling turned into a blizzard.  The feeling of relief when I finally saw a welcoming shelter was so real.  It was even better when I realized there were some ptarmigans there!  I spent a cozy night plucking feathers and cooking.  Overnight a long blizzard started.  I'm not sure exactly how long but it was over twelve hours.  I made my way into some caves after that.  I'm really enjoying the new, more realistic cave chambers.  One I liked especially was a long hall with a steep sloping floor.  It felt much more true to real caves than any of the previous work.

Anyway, I'm still barely into it and I love it.

I'd recommend to anyone that they go into it blind without watching any walkthroughs or reading too many spoilers.  That feeling of risking death while exploring an unknown new region is TLD at its best.

I have two fairly advanced interloper runs, so if I die up there I still have the other one in reserve 🤣

• Upvote 3

The caves are amazing. Uneven floors and walls to make it more realistic and not look like a mine. Frozen underground rivers. The dripping, frozen water falls look and sound great (also available outside of caves). In the transition cave to Forsaken Airfield / ZoC there is that "outside" area with a chasm on rope climb.

• Upvote 3

Gah.  I almost died of hypothermia.  Not sure how I even found that cave in the dark to hide in and recover.  Two stims, one prepper's pie, and one dead bear later, I am ready to try again.                                                                    

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1