Ash Canyon for beginners

So I started a Pilgrim run in Ash Canyon. I harvested all my clothes to make snow shelters, and I mapped a bit. Also, I collected and ate cattails.

How do I find my way out?

Well there’s lots of on line maps that could help. Since you haven’t used those I’d recommend using basic intuition. Follow major water ways since as you’ve noticed there are no roads or rail tracks.

Otherwise, use the time honored tradition of maze solving by imagining sticking one hand to a wall and keep walking with that hand on the wall. You will get out.

• Upvote 3

In this map the two exits are to the south, dropping elements such as sticks can indicate this direction, the stick is like a Y pointing north (almost), and as @Laxgoalie say, following the course of a large river can also lead you to the exit.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ash Canyon is "Y" or "N" shaped series of canyons and highlands, like Javijungle said there are two different routes to escape the region. One is a cave network (you'll need a light source), the other is a windy valley near a waterfall.

If you can find it, I'd highly recommend visiting the Gold Mine in Ash Canyon before leaving the region, it's tricky to get to, but if you're passionate about mapping there are many excellent places to map along the way and juicy loot when you get there.

• Upvote 1