Gutting the fish and preparing it before eating.

phobiac

Posted (edited)

It is so funny to me how fish magically splits in half and its gutted when u put it on fire to cook. It would make way more sense for us to have and prepare it. Maybe we can have more option to prepare fish and not to. Preparing would include maybe salting it which would give a little bit more calories or stuffing it with reishi mushrooms or rosehips? That would also be nice addition for base game. Would love to se more recepies that are based around natural resources we have. Like acorn flour, overall being able to maybe make stew and broth out just venison or rabbit with reishi mushrooms and acorn flour and bit of salt. Because we will eventually ran out of flour.

Edited by phobiac
typo
  • Upvote 2

Awesome idea, there is a thing where if you do some recipes like the broth from ptarmigans and stews and such, you will have to spend about 10 in game minutes "preparing" that should also be a thing with fish, maybe the guts could have a use too

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, phobiac said:

Or we can use fish heads to for fish soup?

Fish heads- as a recipe for the recycled can to make broth, and both fish heads and fish flesh to make soup, maybe with carrots and/or reishis in a cooking pot? If it is a soup, rather than a stew- less calories, but some Vitamin C and no flour needed to thicken it.

• Upvote 2

since broth was brought up, I will say both broths and stock can be used in soups/stews
stock is typically higher calorie
but both them take around same amount of time to make
broth is made by meat or vegetables but stock is made from bones
so cause around the same time to cook, i like the idea of while harvesting rabbits of getting rabbit bones, instead after harvest all the meat, hide, and guts the body just instantly disappears

to contrast because typically higher calorie, you can set it up where made without salt and so loses condition twice as fast but either way this can be a way to bolster your calories

i really like the idea of more natural resources/ways of doing things like the whole prepare fish as a way to make it take more time but more resources as a reward
i like tradeoffs that i have to weigh

• Upvote 1