ZoC BEAR missing

Anyone experienced that the bear is missing in ZoC?

In the BEAR Cave, there are no bones. So the single Bear in ZoC is optional only? In other Zones, the BEAR number is fix, only the used CAVE is changing between RUN-s.

I've only been to the zone a few times but I've had the bear every time, and there were no bones in the cave at all..   I think it's the same as the broken railroad one in that respect.

Lack of bones in the ZoC Smoker's Cave  does not indicate whether or not a bear is present. My first run to ZoC I happened to encounter the bear outside this cave and killed it-no bones in the cave with the bear present. Made my home in there to explore for the next several days mostly because It was a named cave and didn't see any bones so I figured it was okay. I'm lucky also because that was on interloper so bear don't respawn for 50ish days once you are in an established run (>100 days). It was just dumb luck that I happened to run into it and killed it before deciding to camp there. Bears respawn in a shorter period of time on lower levels and when your game is newer if you have decreasing wildlife enabled in your run. There's another open cave a bit "stick-East" of this cave that is not home to a bear which may be a better choice for long term stays.

Thank you, so theoretically the bear should use that cave anyway.

I am on IL 700 days, so I only miss the BEAR because of the meats. The BEAR isn't problem in caves (while  I made correct notes about last kill days for every bear). I checked that CAVE for 3 days, and no BEAR, no BEAR trace.

9 hours ago, Laxgoalie said:

Lack of bones in the ZoC Smoker's Cave  does not indicate whether or not a bear is present. My first run to ZoC I happened to encounter the bear outside this cave and killed it-no bones in the cave with the bear present. Made my home in there to explore for the next several days mostly because It was a named cave and didn't see any bones so I figured it was okay. I'm lucky also because that was on interloper so bear don't respawn for 50ish days once you are in an established run (>100 days). It was just dumb luck that I happened to run into it and killed it before deciding to camp there. Bears respawn in a shorter period of time on lower levels and when your game is newer if you have decreasing wildlife enabled in your run. There's another open cave a bit "stick-East" of this cave that is not home to a bear which may be a better choice for long term stays.

That's more of less what I said...   No bones but the bear was there every time...