Loot

Most of the things are randomised, its not like you have a 100% chance to find a rifle at trappers cabin or a Hammer at Spence homestead... And the devs changed spawn locations of many diffrent things in the update adding the far territory (I think )

• Upvote 1

AFAIK the only guaranteed spawns of equipment exist when playing on interloper as 4 distinct loot tables. With the rarity of all loot on interloper it's almost required to ensure that due to RNG you don't end up with a game with something like zero heavy hammers or essential equipment anywhere on the map. It would be pretty hard to play an interloper run with no heavy hammers available or one in the entire world. If you want it as an option, I don't see anything wrong with 100% random loot. But as always, be careful what you wish for...you might just get it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Playing on stalker in the airfield for example there are always guaranteed spawns of hammer, bows and other loot always in the same place. I found 3 hammers, two bows in one area and I know exactly where is the third bow cause it's always there. I just want to find random loot and don't want to know where to go to find what i need. 

Edited by purplebluegreen

There's already been some discussion a while ago: https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/41986-factors-for-loot-randomness/
I'm just gonna leave that here :)

I too don't like the guaranteed spawns. I'd rather have the game be not that dependent on these specific tools (or atleast make them craftable like improvised knive/hatchet). So I'd have no problem with no hacksaw spawning, if you would be able to make an improvised one yourself. The way it is now, these tools are just like MacGuffins.

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I can't say there's a noticeable table on pilgrim, seems fairly random still to me..  

Are there still the 4 loot tables,I thought the update had stopped that.

Nah, they just reshuffled the interloper loot tables to 4 different loot tables. And changed the match spawns.

For OP, whether there are guaranteed spawns or not, there's nothing stopping you from not picking up loot that you see. Maybe just craft a bow and not pickup any you see? Or only pick up loot from places you feel are not guaranteed spawns? I played Stalker for a year or so and still had like 6 expedition parkas, 10 rifles and 21 hatchets pre-TFTFT. There a lot of stuff random or not.

my first thought is mag lens, people used to say guaranteed in mystery lake, now it seems more like probable somewhere in there, instead of guarunteed
id honestly prefer guaranteed for that

5 hours ago, Lunerse said:

my first thought is mag lens, people used to say guaranteed in mystery lake, now it seems more like probable somewhere in there, instead of guarunteed
id honestly prefer guaranteed for that

I've always found a mag lens in Mystery Lake (on Interloper).  It's in some different places since the loot spawns were changed a little while back, but I've always found one.  You just have to look more closely in some cases.

On 5/24/2024 at 7:06 PM, Kranium said:

Wouldn't need loot tables for interloper if everything necessary had a craft-able variant + friction fires. It's completely realistic & one can dream!

just the idea even of craftable tools for friction fires would be so lovely

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2024 at 3:06 AM, Kranium said:

Wouldn't need loot tables for interloper if everything necessary had a craft-able variant + friction fires. It's completely realistic & one can dream!

There's mod that introduces this: https://github.com/Jods-Its/Fire-Pack-DLC It also introduces a tin can, with which you can carry embers around and start a fire somewhere else (but for limited time).