Sticks sometimes just.. vanish?

I don't think this is a bug, you just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time ;).

I haven't dug around in the code to confirm this yea or nay but I'm fairly certain that sticks (and stones, limbs, etc) have a given "lifespan" and when that lifespan expires, they delete themselves. This was probably meant as a counter to an older bug that I've heard rumors of that caused hundreds of sticks to accumulate over time.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I don't think this is a bug, you just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time ;).

I haven't dug around in the code to confirm this yea or nay but I'm fairly certain that sticks (and stones, limbs, etc) have a given "lifespan" and when that lifespan expires, they delete themselves. This was probably meant as a counter to an older bug that I've heard rumors of that caused hundreds of sticks to accumulate over time.

..strange

Sticks already seem to spawn multiple times ontop of themselves so this might not be working properly 

1 minute ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

..strange

Sticks already seem to spawn multiple times ontop of themselves so this might not be working properly 

I've noticed that as well but it's probably a different issue. Maybe the lifespan and spawning rates overlap each other or more possibly the stick spawn locations don't check to see if there's already a stick there...

• Upvote 2