The Light at the Happy End of All Things

Pyroxene

Please... We've all been through terrible events the last years. Covid-19, the Ukraine war, The Israel-Palestine conflict. We need some hope. Please write a happy ending to Wintermute.

• Upvote 5

Given that we see a big old fashioned ship on the poster, i'd say that the ending will be a happy "we escape the island" type of thing.

I generally have a low opinion of this game's story mode, because it tells its story very poorly. The game's lore is great, but the actual storytelling is a big meh.

Also the fact that wintermute is stuck in the past because it no longer receives updates is going to be a problem. Not sure how they're going to deal with it.

I just hope that perseverance mills ends up in survival mode soon, cause i expect it to be a coastal region after DP, since astrid reaches it from CH with a boat.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think COVID did enough damage worldwide on its own.. that for me is enough of a reason to want some light at the end of the story..

I'm not sure there's a reason to get upset about someone's wish for a happy ending either way.. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, survivor123 said:

I wasn't getting upset at all just stating that we didnt live through it so it is not right to say. it is terrible for us. Also I play video games to get a bit of a escape from politics and war, not to discuss it here also. I say this without any anger what so ever.

Then my apologies,it's just the impression I got..   it's an escape for all of us I reckon,and it's definitely not the place for politics etc..but I think the op was just speaking generally, ..

• Upvote 1

In the words of Metallica

Then it comes to be that the soothing light
At the end of your tunnel
Is just a freight train coming your way

just kidding!! 🤣🤣

I want Will and Astrid to get back together and have another kid…

• Upvote 2