Detail in cooking with Vegetables

Cyclone35

I was wondering if there should be a lvl 1 cooking recipe for the skillet? Something very basic that anyone could pull off on their own. Then I realized that potato's and carrots are only used for more complex recipes. What if there was a recipe for something like fried veggies. Using a skillet, some cooking oil, and salt (for seasoning), you can make a basic dish platter of fried veggies. That way players don't have to wait till there cooking skill is lvl 2-3 to actually start using the skillet. Even if its a survival game, I would prefer cooking my vegetables instead of eating them raw.

1 other detail I was considering is washing your veggies before eating them. Germs on the peel or skin can get inside fruits and vegetables when you cut them, it can cause illness to eat them as they are. All you would need to do is use some potable water to clean your veggies before you can use them for cooking. If you don't clean them, you spring the risk of getting sick. Considering its an apocalypse, it usually best to check if your food is safe to eat.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Cyclone35 said:

other detail I was considering is washing your veggies before eating them. Germs on the peel or skin can get inside fruits and vegetables when you cut them, it can cause illness to eat them as they are. All you would need to do is use some potable water to clean your veggies before you can use them for cooking. If you don't clean them, you spring the risk of getting sick. Considering its an apocalypse, it usually best to check if your food is safe to eat.

The survivor isn't living in the most sanitary conditions.  After all, they cook meat on rocks and never wash dishes ;)

Oh, I won't mention the lack of toilet paper...

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, xanna said:

Just checking you know you can cook the potatoes…?

I do, I was just suggesting an easy recipe since cooking meals with potato's and carrots require special recipes and a cooking lvl higher than 3. 

Edited by Cyclone35