Vanishing rabbit carcasses

I am playing in Desolation Point at Pilgrim Level. Over the past few days, there has been a problem with vanishing rabbit carcasses. I pick them up, they are in my backpack, and they vanish. Also, I have placed them outside my door and they vanish. Is this a bug of some sort?

Are they rabbits you have killed, or carcasses that you find?

If it's a carcass that you found, caught and eaten by a wolf, if it's got nothing left to harvest it will just disappear. It's a bit confusing, but it's not a bug.

Run across rabbit carcasses that had 0.0 meat on them then they disappeared when picked up. 

The game should not let you pick them up, but relatively recently has allowed that then it updates and the carcass is gone.  I was surprised to find a deer carcass (once) where all the meat was gone but I could still harvest the hide and guts.  Normally a wolf, when it finishes eating, should cause the game to class the carcass as "nothing to harvest", as it has no interest in the hide and guts, but didn't that time.  

I attributed those disappearing rabbit carcasses as the game not updating until I came along and picked up the carcass.  

Some of these vanishing bunnies may have been ravished carcasses, but others were ones I picked up and carried to my lighthouse home, and dropped outside the door.  Then they were gone. Never mind, the landscape has been bountiful with lots of wolf killed deer to find, who needs bunnies when you have venison?

23 hours ago, xanna said:

That bugfix was to do with rabbits disappearing when harvesting them.

Ravaged rabbits disappearing when you pick them up is not a bug.

Realized that soon after encountering it myself, which is why I deleted the comment.

• 2 weeks later...