Still missing bears since hotfix.

Leeanda

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Goletitout said:

I’ve seen two In forlong at the same time  either end of the region to each other …and one in Hushed river …well technically the one in hushed river he saw me first and u can guess what happened lol 

My main run had two in forlorn but after the updates I still only have one... There are two missing in PV too.. I've camped out at ones den ,Ive wandered both routes it usually takes ,several times and stood waiting for days and still nothing..

Lol..yes I can imagine what happened 😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Maybe they will patch again soon.. I’ve noticed that u don’t lose health when harvesting in the cold without a fire. My fire went out as I started harvesting a dear . Took me around 2 hrs to harvest everything  and at the end my health bar remained the same although I got hypothermia and almost frost bite 

12 minutes ago, Goletitout said:

Maybe they will patch again soon.. I’ve noticed that u don’t lose health when harvesting in the cold without a fire. My fire went out as I started harvesting a dear . Took me around 2 hrs to harvest everything  and at the end my health bar remained the same although I got hypothermia and almost frost bite 

It does seem that harvesting has a few issues, like being able to do it while jumping off a cliff and still surviving.. definitely not intended lol..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Blizzard Walker said:

For a long stretch - say 40 in game days - the bear that walks through the CH Fishing cabins area was absent.  Eventually it appeared again and it may be related to me entering and exiting the fishing cabins.

I've got all three in coastal,on both runs...  Not sure how the huts would affect your spawn though,I thought it was only indoor ones that did that...  

Started a new run a few days ago -- doing a "cartographer" type challenge; including my own "list" in Blackrock, transition zones & the Far Territories, running thru areas fairly quickly

Started in Pleasant Valley -- Farmhouse Field towards Long Curve Bear = No / Birch Forrest Bear = Yes / Bear by Cave to Mystery Lake = No/ Bear behind Plane Crash area = No 

TWM -- Bear by Crystal Lake = Yes/ Bear by Eric's Falls = Yes / Bear on "creek" going up towards rope climbs from Crystal Lake = Yes

Ash Canyon -- Bear by Miners Folly =Yes (no others seen but went thru' super fast)

Coastal Highway -- Bear by Quonset Hut to Trailer = Yes / Bear at Rabbit Grove to Roadway = No / Bear from Misanthropes towards Coastal Cabins = Yes

Desolation Point -- Bear at Broken Bridge = Yes

Mystery Lake -- NO bears sighted at all

Currently in Milton ... none so far

Also -- All wildlife seems more sparse, including deer, wolves & rabbits -- Moose rubbings seen in PV (by Pensive Pond) & TWM (by Wing field near the hut) but no actual moose in the entire run so far

• Upvote 1

No bear near foreman's retreat in BlackRock..    

No moose near the prison but I'm not surprised,they're pretty rare these days anyway..

@twyn1 there is less deer and bunnies around too,  wolves I have on max so they seem ok in most places..

Quick Update -- in Milton the Bear at Spruce Falls Bridge was present, plodding along aimlessly.

Moose rubbings in the area around the cave to Hushed River, but no sighting. No deer on the little pond below the single trailer there, no deer in the wood lot across from the church or behind the church (one deer carcass only), There were a few rabbits in these areas, and only one wolf seen on the road from Grey Mother's all the way to the bridge.  Ptarmigans were at the Spruce Falls hiking path area.

I'm playing vanilla Pilgrim/ no custom settings.

2 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Quick Update -- in Milton the Bear at Spruce Falls Bridge was present, plodding along aimlessly.

Moose rubbings in the area around the cave to Hushed River, but no sighting. No deer on the little pond below the single trailer there, no deer in the wood lot across from the church or behind the church (one deer carcass only), There were a few rabbits in these areas, and only one wolf seen on the road from Grey Mother's all the way to the bridge.  Ptarmigans were at the Spruce Falls hiking path area.

I'm playing vanilla Pilgrim/ no custom settings.

No deer is a bit odd, there's usually a few between the town bridge and the other bridge..   I don't usually see wolves round the church area but maybe one or two between the church and bear area...    That's why I max them out now.. 

There is a bear in forlorn, it finally turned up this morning..... 

Update on my continuing run --

Bears -- the one near the Cannery Workers' Houses in Bleak was present (walks by the fishing huts & Broken Lighthouse) -- also one just seen at the far end of Forlorn Muskeg (going across tracks near tunnel to Broken RR) -- I'm now heading into BRR -- deer & rabbits seemed to be the typical expected amounts in these areas, also quite a few ptarmigans (love those pies!)

& Finally saw a Moose! The one at Trapper's Homestead appeared just as I was heading out to make the trek across ML to the Ravine -- & a 2nd Moose in Bleak Inlet at the Frozen Delta/Hunter's Blind area near the cave to FM (thank goodness I'm on Pilgrim because I practically bumped right into him in the fog). 🦌

27 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Update on my continuing run --

Bears -- the one near the Cannery Workers' Houses in Bleak was present (walks by the fishing huts & Broken Lighthouse) -- also one just seen at the far end of Forlorn Muskeg (going across tracks near tunnel to Broken RR) -- I'm now heading into BRR -- deer & rabbits seemed to be the typical expected amounts in these areas, also quite a few ptarmigans (love those pies!)

& Finally saw a Moose! The one at Trapper's Homestead appeared just as I was heading out to make the trek across ML to the Ravine -- & a 2nd Moose in Bleak Inlet at the Frozen Delta/Hunter's Blind area near the cave to FM (thank goodness I'm on Pilgrim because I practically bumped right into him in the fog). 🦌

Thank you😊

It seems to be just the PV ones missing, except the birch bear..    feels odd not having them around..

Lol,that's typical moose,spend ages waiting and just as you're leaving one turns up...😁.   I've bumped into a few myself too.its still worrying on pilgrim though,I wonder sometimes what actually counts as provoked .